So people when does flowering really start, just asking?

rillos

Put a seedling in a bubbler in my flower tent on 4/11. Is my flower time still gonna be the same as if she was already mature. This is a question about time and not yield so we all know. 600w HPS and GH nutes.

20150419_080142.jpg

20150509_134026.jpg

Yea but understand the question, if I put a seedling from seed in my flower tent I don't see how. It must 1st get sexually mature to flower. So again How long in that state will it take. I've grown this strain several times and it's usually 65-70 days but what about now???? I already see the time difference.

Explain your question a little better...

Are you asking how long it will take for a less mature plant to flower once you have flipped it to 12/12?

Flower time (for the sake of breeder info) is measured from the first sign of pistils. So it wouldn't matter how young or old your plant is, the true flowering time would be the same as it would only start when it is mature enough. In your case 65-70 days, regardless of a 1 month veg or 1 year veg.

Now if your asking how long it will flower from the time you flipped to 12/12, thats just a difficult to answer as yield questions, as no one would know how long your specific plant would take to reach maturity before it began flowering.

60 to 75 days. Cannabis works on photo period not age. You can hold a plant in veg forever as long at the light cycle at 18/6. When you go to 12/12 it will go into flower. I fully understood the question....you can veg a mother plant for a year then bloom it and it will take 60 to 70 days to finish. You can cut a clone and veg it for 2 weeks then switch to bloom and it will still take 60 to 70 days to finish. There is no maturity to the plant like a tomato or pepper, it depends on photoperiod.

60 to 75 days. Cannabis works on photo period not age. You can hold a plant in veg forever as long at the light cycle at 18/6. When you go to 12/12 it will go into flower. I fully understood the question....you can veg a mother plant for a year then bloom it and it will take 60 to 70 days to finish. You can cut a clone and veg it for 2 weeks then switch to bloom and it will still take 60 to 70 days to finish. There is no maturity to the plant like a tomato or pepper, it depends on photoperiod.

Ok so the reason for the question is because after nearly 5 weeks in the tent I'm now starting to see them pistols, even though she showed female 2 weeks ago. Now do I start my weeks now or when. Let's get this discussion started.

In a perfect world it would be the same for every plant of a given strain, but our world isn't perfect. You can pull 2 clones and each will be differant. Best way to tell if a plant is ready for harvest is to look at it through a jewelers loupe or microscope and look for 50% amber tricomes. This particular plant may be stunted and take longer to finish. Flower it for 60 to 70 days or until you think it is close then start looking at the tricomes.

This is my current grow. One plant, 4x4 scrog in dwc 5 gallon bucket at week 3 of flower. That shows, not all strains are equal.

20150506_155724.jpg

Since I just harvested my tent I had space to experiment. Check my gallery, I'm not a new to this. Since I'm growing in DWC ppm and which and when is my concern. I guess this is 1 of them things I will answer my self. By the way I just took this out my tent.
20150507_191158.jpg
unnamed_2_3.jpg
20150507_191049.jpg
unnamed_3_3.jpg
unnamed41.jpg
20150507_191025.jpg

Seed is different than clone. Clones maintains the maturity of the mother plant, a seed does not. You cannot flower a plant from a seed until it reaches maturity.

Again.. You need to be more specific on your question. Seed/ clone? Flower from flip or pistols? What exactly are you trying to figure out?

Seed is different than clone. Clones maintains the maturity of the mother plant, a seed does not. You cannot flower a plant from a seed until it reaches maturity.

Again.. You nTeed to be more specific on your question. Seed/ clone? Flower from flip or pistols? What exactly are you trying to figure out?

This was from seed which had about 1 week under cfl's before tent. Now my question is when should or should have started counting my day's? When she showed sex or showed the pistols.

When I've put immature plants into the 12-12 room- I just guesstimated the start of flowering - based on experience with flowering other mature plants and clones. For example- when the plant looks, to my eyes, to be at about the same stage as my (mature) plants 'normally' look when they've flowered for a week- I call that the end of week one. Know what I mean? They may take a few weeks to start flowering in there, obviously. It's easy enough to tell when a plant is starting to stretch and change structure as it starts flowering. For counting actual flowering progress I just mostly go by general feel, and looking at the trichomes. The number of weeks spent flowering doesn't tell me when it's ready.
I write the 'start of flowering' guesstimate date on the plant's tag but I don't generally pay much attention what day/week it is after that except to double check sometimes. Some of my plants I don't really actually want to know anyway cause it's usually a looooong time

Well with pre sexed clones showing pre flowers from a female mother plant etc & once flipped to 12/12 i wait one week before actual count down as it takes a few to several days for transition of plant hormones to adjust to the flowering cycle.

With unsexed plants once flipped to 12/12 takes about 7 to 14 days on average for pre flowers to show...

If you only have a few to several pre flowers per plant i would wait in till the plant shows better signs of flowering before counting down & may take an extra week.

Ok so the reason for the question is because after nearly 5 weeks in the tent I'm now starting to see them pistols, even though she showed female 2 weeks ago. Now do I start my weeks now or when. Let's get this discussion started.
You can start from the first pistil ,but what you should be more concerned about is when its mature. Check with a loupe and see when its done.

Back
Top Bottom