soil or hydro or together

woodstock

i know thet in hydro i need the combo meter , and in soil which combo meter i will need ? how its work in soil in the test area of ph and ppm and which test ther is mor in soil ?

For hydro you want a nice quality meter. Ph, ppm or ec, and temp combo meters are nice. I like the ones that have the probes constantly in the reservoir with an easy to read wall mount display. The hand helds are good but you can drop them and they easily get damaged.
For soil you can go the cheapest thing around and that's either the bottle test kit from General Hydroponics or you can go with the basic roll of ph tape which is my weapon of choice.
If you use organics there is no ph adjusting needed so you really dont check or adjust ph at all. If you're using the Fox Farm trio they will pretty much lock up at 6.7 - 7 once they're mixed.:ganjamon:

What????? You don't need to worry about PH for organics???? I grow organically and do have to worry about PH.. My organic nutes drop the PH more then any chem that I used to use... Sure, you can get by without using a meter, but you can also just get by smoking schwag.... If you want to dial in your grows and get the best meds then you need to pay attention to your PH... It's all about what you want in your meds. All the shortcuts lead to less when it comes to plants...You are just cheating yourself out of a better medicine. The decision is yours and only yours..:peace:

For hydro you want a nice quality meter. Ph, ppm or ec, and temp combo meters are nice. I like the ones that have the probes constantly in the reservoir with an easy to read wall mount display. The hand helds are good but you can drop them and they easily get damaged.
For soil you can go the cheapest thing around and that's either the bottle test kit from General Hydroponics or you can go with the basic roll of ph tape which is my weapon of choice.
If you use organics there is no ph adjusting needed so you really dont check or adjust ph at all. If you're using the Fox Farm trio they will pretty much lock up at 6.7 - 7 once they're mixed.:ganjamon:

What????? You don't need to worry about PH for organics???? I grow organically and do have to worry about PH.. My organic nutes drop the PH more then any chem that I used to use... Sure, you can get by without using a meter, but you can also just get by smoking schwag.... If you want to dial in your grows and get the best meds then you need to pay attention to your PH... It's all about what you want in your meds. All the shortcuts lead to less when it comes to plants...You are just cheating yourself out of a better medicine. The decision is yours and only yours..:peace:

I'm using the General Organics nute line. Using chemical adjusters will destroy the beneficials in the line and soil which is why GO posts on their feed chart that no ph adjusting is needed. :ganjamon:

if i understand it and i choose in soil so i need to keep the correct level of ph in the nuts thet i give otherwise i use different tipe of mix soil.
and for thet which ph meter i need ? i see combo meter for soil but they separated the ph and the ec .

:thanks:

The soil fertilizers that I'm familiar with are not checked or adjusted with a ppm or ec meter. You simply follow recommendations from the manufactures' feed charts or follow the instructions on the bottles. Those feed charts are available on nearly every companies web site and or your local supply shop. PH is the only thing checked and adjusted using a meter or test kit with soil fertilizers.

000_0229.JPG

Here they are Brother! The line is relatively new to the industry and probably the only one that does'nt need the ph adjusted.
I too was taken back by GO claims about the ph not needing adjustment. I called GO to clarify if I needed to set my base water at a certain range and they said no. My tap water comes out at 8. I was skeptical but after a month now I'm not experiencing any issues that would be ph related. My garden is in excellent health other than some residual effects from a Thrip invasion. :peace::ganjamon:

Have you checked (just for curiosity purpose) what is your soil and your water (after GH nutes are added) PH are??
I started using earth juice crystals PH up... I once stopped using it on a few plants and within two weeks they started freaking out.. Had to go back, they were not happy at all... I will have to do some reading up on the new line...
So that would be GH specific...

What soil nutes are you talking about that you don't need to worry about PH?

Have you checked (just for curiosity purpose) what is your soil and your water (after GH nutes are added) PH are??
I started using earth juice crystals PH up... I once stopped using it on a few plants and within two weeks they started freaking out.. Had to go back, they were not happy at all... I will have to do some reading up on the new line...
So that would be GH specific...

What soil nutes are you talking about that you don't need to worry about PH?

My tap water will indeed fall to the low to mid 7s after sitting for 24 hours prior to using. When the General Organics nutes are mixed it locks up at 7. The run off will also be at 7. I'm using undilluted Ocean Forest in some plants and a blend of 1 bag of OF + 1 bag of Light Warrior + 1/2 bag of Happy Frog for other plants. I've not yet checked the run off of the blended soil plants.
The General Organics line pictured above is the one I'm refering to that does'nt need ph adjusting. I cannot upload the pdf feed chart here but it's on the General Hydroponics web site. On the bottom left corner you will see where they talk about the ph and a few other notes on how to use these nutes.

very interesting about the ph with that particular nute line.

i grow in soil i use fox farm ocean blend great stuff i mix my nutes and then test my water with a ph water test kit about 5 bucs.No problems yet on my 2nd grow !

Back
Top Bottom