Soil pH vs water pH

lljusell

Hi everyone
I'm watering my girls with de-ionised water and I'm using Mills Dna soil with cork,i picked up a soil ph tester yesterday and my soil ph is around 3.5!?
They're in the last 2-3 weeks or so of flowering,has this been a part of my problems (small-ish buds,buds have stopped smelling,nutrients deficiency)am I using the wrong soil or is there anything I can do in this late stage of flowering,I've been advised that they are in need some cal mag for the deficiency but that was before I'd got the ph tester

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As you are in the last few weeks of flowering the low PH might be related to the increased use of nutrients which are mild to mid range acidic PH also to how often you feed which may cause a build of salts effecting PH as well !

As you are this far into flowering you will more likely start the two week flush soon i'd more likely just ride this one out & look at possible areas which may of effected things & adjust for next grow.

Never heard of that soil brand but just researched it :thumb:

It is coco coir which would mean you would have to PH correct your nutrients for best results.

As you are in the last few weeks of flowering the low PH might be related to the increased use of nutrients which are mild to mid range acidic PH also to how often you feed which may cause a build of salts effecting PH as well !

As you are this far into flowering you will more likely start the two week flush soon i'd more likely just ride this one out & look at possible areas which may of effected things & adjust for next grow.

Never heard of that soil brand but just researched it :thumb:

It is coco coir which would mean you would have to PH correct your nutrients for best results.

I don't really feed them,I've feed them the foxfarm trio like twice in veg and once in flower,I picked the soil up from my local hydro shop in the uk he said it was some good shiz,they've been flying along in veg apart a very slight deficiency in the leaves and then a couple weeks ago they stopped smelling and the nutrient deficiency got a bit worse
So when I do feed them do I just add the nutrients to the water and then test the water?I haven't ph'd after nutrients before,I guess makes sense to tho
420-magazine-mobile1546323081.jpg
420-magazine-mobile529370955.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You generally feed once or twice a week in flowering, another coco grower i know suggests feeding every time you need to water.

Test the PH once all water & nutrients are mixed well together adjust if required with PH up or down & test again, it is pretty easy ya need it around PH 5.8 ish for coco.

For some one who has barely feed those ol girls i would of expected far worse looking plants :thumb:

That is a girl nearly ready !

PICT000754.JPG

Ya sure you have not included veg time with flowering ? ya girl only looks like 4 th week at best of flowering.

Got an exhaust fan ? for air exchange.

Back
Top Bottom