Soil Sanity Check

Dammshame

Hey guys,

I live in Central America so I am growing in what I can get. And just to find this was a B^%*$^!

Borrowed this off a different site and customizing it to what I can get and have shipped in from the States.

Note: we are using a 5 gallon bucket to measure, so 1 part=1 full 5 gallon bucket, 1/2 part=1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket, or 2.5 gallons

To make 1 cubic foot (7.5 gallons) of base soil:

Soil Base:

1/2 part Coco Fiber
1/2 part humus (compost and EWC mix)
1/2 part aeration amendment (Rice Husks)
No lime needed because of the Coco Substitute

Nutritional amendments:

1 cup dry organic fertilizer
3/4 Cup Kelp Meal
3/4 Cup Crab Shell

4 cups of Rock dust (So Far I can only find Sandstone Rock Dust)

Comments MUCH appreciated!
DS

Looks good Dammshame!

You can double up on the kelp meal w/ no problem, and looks like you should add some bat guano or soft rock phosphate for your P source.
Crab shell will give you some N and a good bit of Cal as well as some Mg.
Your worm casting will help with that as well.
The kelp meal will just a pinch N and some K, which is why you can double up on it.
It will also provide some growth hormone and well as a slew of micros, so it's good stuff!

I've had success using 3-5cups of nutritional/mineral amendments per cubic foot.
Also, what is the "dry organic fertilizer" you plan on using?

I can suggest getting some Alfalfa if you can find it!

This is my current soil mix:

Base:(2.75 cu ft. of soil)

Soil Conditioners

Nutritional/Mineral Amendments/Soil Conditioners:

• 2 cup Algamin Kelp Meal
  • 2 cup Growmore Alfalfa Meal
  • 1 cup Sunleaves Hi-P(Indonesian) Bat Guano
  • 1 cup Excelerite Minerals

After cycling for a month, the Ph tested out at just a bit below 7 and all NPK levels were above average!
Feel free to take it and make it your own.
I'll be adding photos to my journal here soon so that you can see exactly how it performs if you'd like.

:peace:

:welcome: I could not find your "Introduce yourself" post?? You would have many responses if you took a minute for that.

Anyway, lots of recipes here, I'm not on a level to go that far yet,

My opinion, if this is your first grow you just need good soil, good PH water, a bottle of good veg nutes and a bottle of good bloom nutes.

After a lot of reading & then more reading, you will be headed towards a successful grow, you will have learned so much information that is so much more important than a recipe.

in my opinion, recipes are for the experienced grower and should be different based on many global conditions.:goodluck:

First "Organic Grow" I have a few others under my belt - mostly hyrdo - was mostly just looking for some validation on my mix since I can't get exactly what most others mixes call for............

As for the Fert - Local 3-4-6 Generic if I remember correctly........

Friend says he knows where I can get some Bat guano so I will add that in :)

Back
Top Bottom