Are my ratios correct for this soil recipe?

Cheffrey

Hello,
I'm trying to make a soil recipe for the first time, here's what I came up with. Advice?

1 bag pro mix hp
4 gallons worm castings
4 gallons compost

It will total out to 52 gallons of medium.

Based off of the 52 gallons here's the ratios I came up with, what do you all think? Or change? Add? Subtract?

3.45 cups neem meal
3.45 cups kelp flour
3.45 cups crab meal

6.9 cups gypsum
6.9 cups Oyster shell flour
13.8 cup rock dust

I'll have to check my notes, but I think Coot does a cup of each of the amendments for 7 gallons of soil (which I think he says is a cubic foot?).

@bobrown is the guy to ask on your ratios. Maybe he'll weigh in.

Hello,
I'm trying to make a soil recipe for the first time, here's what I came up with. Advice?

1 bag pro mix hp
4 gallons worm castings
4 gallons compost

It will total out to 52 gallons of medium.

Based off of the 52 gallons here's the ratios I came up with, what do you all think? Or change? Add? Subtract?

3.45 cups neem meal
3.45 cups kelp flour
3.45 cups crab meal

6.9 cups gypsum
6.9 cups Oyster shell flour
13.8 cup rock dust

Clackamas Coot's Mix

Water Only TLO that Can be combined with Teas!!!

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aération (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

That’s it!!!

The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS! And best of all it works fabulously in a SIP!!!

I have fish compost I was going to use from a very reputable company. Black swallow. Is fish compost good to use? With worm castings...store bought castings tho.

Clackamas Coot's Mix

Water Only TLO that Can be combined with Teas!!!

Base mix:

1. 1/3 sphagnum peat moss

2. 1/3 aération (perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc.)

3. 1/3 HIGH QUALITY compost and/or worm casting

To every 1 cubic foot (~7.5 gallons) of the base mix add :

1. 1/2 cup kelp meal

2. 1/2 cup crab shell meal

3. 1/2 cup neem or karanja cake

4. 1 cup gypsum

5. 1 cup CaCO3 (oyster shell flour, dolomite lime, calcitic lime, etc.)

6. 4-5 cups rock dust per cf Rock dust should be super fine: the consistency of flour.

That’s it!!!

The key here is quality compost/worm castings. That is the LIVING part that makes this whole soil mix work. So it must be HIGH QUALITY. Water with dechlorinated water and you are set!! No pHing, no checking the TDS of run off, no cal/mag, no BS! And best of all it works fabulously in a SIP!!!
You are best off using this mix in 15 - 20 gallon fabric pots or larger. You can also re-use this soil many times, you just need to re-amend after each grow.

You are best off using this mix in 15 - 20 gallon fabric pots or larger. You can also re-use this soil many times, you just need to re-amend after each grow.
I will be using earth boxes(SIP) I have all the ingredients for coots.

When I reamend, do I just add The same recipe as the original coots recipe every cycle?

I have fish compost I was going to use from a very reputable company. Black swallow. Is fish compost good to use? With worm castings...store bought castings tho.
I am not familiar with using fish compost. I would probably try top dressing with some during the grow, maybe 1/2 cup to a cup per pot during veg and again during flower.

I am not familiar with using fish compost. I would probably try top dressing with some during the grow, maybe 1/2 cup to a cup per pot during veg and again during flower.
Alright, I'll try it on a current ant next top dressing and see how it goes. Thanks.

I will be using earth boxes(SIP) I have all the ingredients for coots.

When I reamend, do I just add The same recipe as the original coots recipe every cycle?
I have been re-amending mine with "Craft blend" from Build a soil (pretty much same amendments as Coot's). Directions say 2 - 4 cups per cubic foot of soil. I have been adding 6 cups to approx 3 cubic foot. I just top dress when I re-amend, then mix it into the top 3" -4" of soil along with a quart or two of worm castings or compost.

I have been re-amending mine with "Craft blend" from Build a soil (pretty much same amendments as Coot's). Directions say 2 - 4 cups per cubic foot of soil. I have been adding 6 cups to approx 3 cubic foot. I just top dress when I re-amend, then mix it into the top 3" -4" of soil along with a quart or two of worm castings or compost.
Ok, I was kinda going to do the same in the earth boxes... I can't get build a soil products (canada) but I have gaia green 444 and 284 I was going to use with castings and bokashi. I plan on worms and my own worm bin but I'm waiting on delivery and will take a bit to build up some castings.

Alright, I'll try it on a current ant next top dressing and see how it goes. Thanks.
Check out my Journal in my signature, you can see what I have been doing and what I have been adding every week.

Check out my Journal in my signature, you can see what I have been doing and what I have been adding every week.
Very nice journal, I'll read it more in depth tomorrow for sure. I think we are both doing a build a soil kinda way.

Jeremy's video are the reason I switched to living soil.

Ok, I was kinda going to do the same in the earth boxes... I can't get build a soil products (canada) but I have gaia green 444 and 284 I was going to use with castings and bokashi. I plan on worms and my own worm bin but I'm waiting on delivery and will take a bit to build up some castings.
That Gaia green looks good!

Very nice journal, I'll read it more in depth tomorrow for sure. I think we are both doing a build a soil kinda way.

Jeremy's video are the reason I switched to living soil.
Yes, I have been checking out his blog, I've been kinda using his methods along with Coot's.

Random question...

I just put a dehumidifier in my tent for flower. I set it to 45rh. It gets to 43rh then goes back up to 61 rh before kicking back in and dropping it again.

This cycle repeats every 5 min.

Will this cause PM?

Random question...

I just put a dehumidifier in my tent for flower. I set it to 45rh. It gets to 43rh then goes back up to 61 rh before kicking back in and dropping it again.

This cycle repeats every 5 min.

Will this cause PM?
Good question? Not sure. I tried using dehumidifier and it kicked my temp up too high ended up having to run AC, cost way too much on my electric bill. I stopped using the dehumidifier. I just keep fans and exhaust going, Lots of air flow. Humidity in my grow space is 60% right now. No sign of PM in my grow space.

Good question? Not sure. I tried using dehumidifier and it kicked my temp up too high ended up having to run AC, cost way too much on my electric bill. I stopped using the dehumidifier. I just keep fans and exhaust going, Lots of air flow. Humidity in my grow space is 60% right now. No sign of PM in my grow space.
Yeah mine was about 60... everyone says 40 - 50 flower. But I have excellent air flow happening uptop and below.

What day of flower are you exactly?

Yeah mine was about 60... everyone says 40 - 50 flower. But I have excellent air flow happening uptop and below.

What day of flower are you exactly?
I flipped to 12/12 on 6/11, started seeing lady parts around the 19th.

Nice, I'm at day 21 just a little ahead

20220629_192115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom