Soil

What do you need help with? The initial mix? amendments and teas? Is this for an indoor or outdoor grow? Have you bought anything to start yet?

I'm not a dirt farmer, but the experts will soon weigh in and want to know. The more you can tell us, the better the advise you'll get.

Sorry man its soil grow indoors just need help with a good soil mixture is it better to buy organic pre mixed what brand or make a non soil mix would prefer organic pre mix would that be easier

How many plants?
What type of pot?
What size pot?
How will you feed and water?

There are a ton of pre mixed choices, but they will all require additional nutrients at some point throughout the grow.
I like the botanicare ready grow aeration mix for a ready to go bag for a couple of plants, or a bale of sunshine advanced mix no4 plus a bag of perlite for more.

There are plenty of choices for nutrients

Liquid, or water soluble organic nutrients provide nutrition that is more readily available to your plants.
Root inoculates are important for breaking down the rest.
Soil amendments will feed your colonies of beneficial fungi and bacteria. Those microbes produce the food for your plants.
A good source of water free of chlorine is important as well. Chlorine kills the microbes.
Slowly building soil up worked well for me, and now I have a rich living organic soil that I only water.
There are plenty of recipes for living organic supersoils on the forum as well if you feel like mixing and "cooking" your mix.

Back
Top Bottom