Some questions about making BHO

Curbcalamity

hey there peeps, like it says just had some HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points) questions about making bho that I can't seem to get a straight answer to. I've done it myself a few times and seems a lot of the info depends a lot on whether or not you're using a closed or open column so just asking about when using an open blasting tube so here goes...

1. To grind or not to grind?
2. how dense do you want to pack a column and how does it change yield? (like grams/ml)
3. freeze starting material?
4. freeze your butane?
5. what pressure / temp do you guys purge at (and is it possible to purge at room temp (25c / 77f) since butane boils at -1c / 30f @ 1 bar and about -33c / -28f @ 0.2 bar)
6. if I added 99.998% pure alcohol to my butane after blasting, would this allow all the butane to escape without needing to pull a vacuum
7. can you use to much butane?
8. when your butane starts to run clear, does this actually mean you've finished extraction?
9. how important is it that your blasting column be packed completely?
10. how is yield of an open vs. closed tube?

thanks in advance :)

1. To grind or not to grind?

A- Never. (Unless your making edibles or crude for Distillate)

2. how dense do you want to pack a column and how does it change yield? (like grams/ml)

A- You make sure to put just a bit at a time. Then pack each handful down, but not to hard,, just a nice pat down so there is no air pockets. If you have air pockets it will decrease your yield and waste your hydrocarbon.

3. freeze starting material?

A- Never. Unless you are making edibles or crude.

4. freeze your butane?

A- Yes. The colder the better for your hydrocarbon.

5. what pressure / temp do you guys purge at (and is it possible to purge at room temp (25c / 77f) since butane boils at -1c / 30f @ 1 bar and about -33c / -28f @ 0.2 bar)

A- Start off with 90F. At a full 29hg purge. Over 24 hours slowly raise the temps to 97F then day 2 throughout the day slowly raise to 102F and remain there flipping your slab every 6 hours. (Or 12)

6. if I added 99.998% pure alcohol to my butane after blasting, would this allow all the butane to escape without needing to pull a vacuum

A- NO. And NEVER do that. (Unless you have a rotovap)

7. can you use to much butane?

A- Yes. You will lose $.

8. when your butane starts to run clear, does this actually mean you've finished extraction?

A- Yes

9. how important is it that your blasting column be packed completely?

A- Very.

10. how is yield of an open vs. closed tube?

A- Closed, yields waaay more. Open is more " clean "

:Namaste::snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom