Sour diesel in a worm casting mix

ts1229jm

What strain is it: Sour Diesel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid:.... not to sure ive read some conflicting information on whether it is a sativa or indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage: currently cloning in the ez-cloner
If in Veg... For how long: N/A
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Soil or Hydro: soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 25% worm castings, 75% potting soil
If soil... What size pot: potting tray about 4X2X1 feet
Size of light: 2 800 watt HPS
Is it aircooled: why yes it is
Temp of Room/cab: 65-85 F
RH of Room/cab? 35%
PH of media or res: 7 atm but theres not plants or anything in it yet.... still cloning
Any Pests: not yet.....
How often are you watering: will be watering as needed
Type and strength of ferts used: this is actually one of my first questions...

I was wondering, since i have read that worm castings are such a great organic fertilizer, if i would need any additional nutrients? i have my own "worm farm" so i have almost a limitless supply of worm crap so i can add more when the old worm crap runs out of nutes, so do i really need to add any other nutes? could i instead use worm cast tea to supplement for the time released nutes since i read the nutes are released into the water and become readily available? i would like to use as little different nutes as possible so any suggestion or experiences would be greatly appreciated... thanks for reading!

Checked the clones last night and they are starting to show some roots :D oooh btw there are 4 WW along with the sour diesel

Hey I'm not speaking from experience but your plant will be your best notice if you need more nutrients. I've read various reports on the NPK values of worm castings. The analyses were all different, but one from a testing lab was about 1 - 2 - 38. If you had some like that it would be great during bloom, but most were more balanced. It may depend on what the worms are eating. I'm sure you know the thing about the castings that's so important is the beneficial microbes make all the elements readily available to the plants, plus added benefits specific to worm castings. If you want to grow the biggest buds just plain worm poop may not be enough. I hope someone who's been there and done that will resond.

Thanks for both of your comments... an update on the plants: planted 14 clones 12 survived the transplant... i will be posting pics if i ever find my camera 0.o.

I think since there isn't a huge amount of information on the topic im gunna keep using only worm castings for this grow and see how it goes, might end up with some pretty weak plants but i like experimenting with my hobby :D.

some info on my worms food: their bedding is shredded office paper, i feed them melon rines, seeds, bananas, apples, noodles, bread, egg shells (anythins thats gone bad or that is non-meaty or greasy that i have eaten)... i take everything i have saved up for a week out of the freezer toss it into the microwave to soften it, then i throw it into the blender add a little water and blend it all together, my worms seem to love the gooey food and they eat it really fast.

Oh i forgot to add, i go straight from cloning to flowering, so i usually end up with short plants that are almost all cola... i like to do it this way because the grow is done quicker and it fits into my limited space.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom