Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PH - 5.8
Room Temperature -60-82
Room Square Footage - 280 & 200
Pests - spider mites and pithium(?)
I have 2 problems...one room in week 8 with spider mites-too late to treat? Flowers look great (big and dense) and I am not seeing webs on them. Leaves show the mites and maybe some thrips on the underside. Top of leaves show silvery tracks.
room #2 in week 6 showing yellowing leaves which I believe to be pithium. The roots showing on the bottom of pot are thick but possibly beginning to yellow. I have just added 300 ml hydrogen peroxide (food grade) diluted with 5 gal water for each 75 gal resi. I am not sure if this is the correct dilution or how often I should do this or even if I should pull it down and start again:(
Any advise you may have would be greatly appreciated. I was unable to figure out how to post my photo.

Fantastic job on giving details for asking grow advice, all of us on the forum truly appreciate that. :thanks:

Your room temperature seems to swing pretty wide, try to get it within a 10 degree difference if you can, just something I noticed.

Spider mites - One of the best things for spider mites is SNS-217 however I wouldn't recommend spraying it on the flowers, some people may do it, I choose not to. You may want to go with Aza-Max as it will handle all your bugs. Remove any highly infected leaves to reduce population, if you have CO2 you can attempt to run it at 5,000 PPM for 30 minutes which will help reduce population as well, it will not hurt the plants.

Pythium - Do you aerate your nutrient solution/water prior to feeding? Great job on the peroxide, it's a good action to take. I recommend getting an enzyme product which will help with kill off dead or necrotic roots that have issues. You can also try Actinovate as a soil-drench.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.:thumb: Some additional questions - I do run 3 aerator stones and an underwater fan at all times in my resi. As for my nutrient solution (I allow Micro to sit 10 minutes before adding Grow, Bloom,Diamond Nectar, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Kool Bloom, Big Time Enzyme and Big Time Roots as follows:

week Micro Grow Bloom Dia Nec Big Bud Bud Cdy KoolBlm Roots Enzy
1 420 420 420 175 x x 175 70 150
2 420 420 420 175 175 175 x X 70 150
3 420 420 420 175 175 175 175 X 70 150
4 420 420 420 175 175 175 175 X 70 150
5 420 420 420 175 x x 175 X 70 150
6 420 420 420 175 x x 175 X 70 150
7 420 400 420 175 x x 175 175 70 150
8 420 x 420 175 x x 200 200 70 150
9 x x x x x x x x x x x

As for removing infected leaves, it is way too dense to be able to accomplish that. I will try pumping up cO2 for 10 minutes, but how often do I do that?
For the pythium, I will try to track down Actinovate and use that from now on. In the meantime, how often should I add the diluted hyd. peroxide?

Late in bloom its best just to use water to keep spider mites at bey. They hate water. Just mist them when the lights first turn on Both sides of the leaves as much as possible but not thick, just mist.

Strain - OG
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower week 6 and week 8
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PH - 5.8
Room Temperature -60-82
Room Square Footage - 280 & 200
Pests - spider mites and pithium(?)
I have 2 problems...one room in week 8 with spider mites-too late to treat? Flowers look great (big and dense) and I am not seeing webs on them. Leaves show the mites and maybe some thrips on the underside. Top of leaves show silvery tracks.
room #2 in week 6 showing yellowing leaves which I believe to be pithium. The roots showing on the bottom of pot are thick but possibly beginning to yellow. I have just added 300 ml hydrogen peroxide (food grade) diluted with 5 gal water for each 75 gal resi. I am not sure if this is the correct dilution or how often I should do this or even if I should pull it down and start again:(
Any advise you may have would be greatly appreciated. I was unable to figure out how to post my photo.

When one has root rot there will be a some tell tale signs. One, the roots will be very slimy. Second they will be a dark brown. Sometimes though if you are using seaweed/kelp your root system will already be brown so the slimy roots will be what to look for. Almost looks like clear snot has attacked your roots.
Best thing I can advise for the root rot is Dutch Masters Zone. this shit work slick and does do the job. If you have root rot it WILL kill it. if you use it before you have it it WILL keep it away.
I use 3 tablespoons in a 55 gallon res to keep my system sterile. IF you already have root rot you will want to double that dose to get rid of it. Once the root rot has gone drop back down to 3 tablespoons for maintenance of the res.

As far as the spidermites go......they are lil bastards that at some point and time will hit every grower. Best advice I can give it this. During veg period use AzaMax and Neem oil. During Flower I'd use liquid lady bug or mighty wash. Mix the usage up to.

Using H2O2 will not cure it will help you temporarily, try enzymes. For spider mites use any product made of neem oil, it will not harm your plant.

Back
Top Bottom