Spider Mites

Christine Green

I am about a week out from harvesting my plant, but I found 2 leaves today with spider mites. I check it daily. So I cut all of the fan leaves off, and will harvest tonight, BUT, are my buds now ruined? Will the spider mites spread to areas where there are no plants? Like on my clothes, bed, etc.?
I have a grow tent in my bedroom... :rollit:

These little guys are resilient and if not dealt with they will wreak havoc.
The whole room should be cleaned that the tent is in and the tent should be scoured as well. I would not worry about the buds if your chopping them soon like tonight but you may need to manage the population if you went longer in flower.

Your buds will be fine. Is there webs on the buds?

No webs. Only a couple leaves had them, and I think it was from a clone I just got, because it has them too!!! I scoured the tent, and I am on to my room today. I put the clone outside and sprayed it with Rosemary water and soap. I won't bring it in if I still see them.
Thanks so much for the advice!!!!!

Whenever you bring in new stuff quarantine the plant and treat it with a fungicide and an insecticide and monitor for 10 -12 days if possible.
before introducing it to healthy plants. I have made the same mistake before and it can get ugly.

If you need any help let us know here and me or someone else will chime in and help.

I really appreciate the advice and help! I do have another question. When I hang my buds to dry in a cool dry place with airflow, does it need to be completely in the dark, or can it be in a natural lit room but not near the light (like shaded) LOL! :thanks:

Its best to not have any light on the bud so it can do its thing. and its also important to have indirect airflow on the plant. Just make sure the air is moving but not blowing on the buds. If it dries to quick it can lock in the green chlorophyll taste which makes buds harsher than rather letting them dry a little slower. I have dried in rooms with ambient light as well and it didn't really affect the potency imo but like you said it would definitely need to be indirect light.

A good way to dry is a wardrobe hanger moving box. Its a really durable cardboard box suitable to dry your buds in it no worries. You can place an exhaust fan on top of the box to create a passive air flow through the box. these work good for drying. you can find them at HD or Lowes Im sure if your in US.

Whenever you bring in new stuff quarantine the plant and treat it with a fungicide and an insecticide and monitor for 10 -12 days if possible.
before introducing it to healthy plants. I have made the same mistake before and it can get ugly.

If you need any help let us know here and me or someone else will chime in and help.
hell yeah I got some clones with the borg mites they suck mighty wash worked. I think your gonna be fine as you just found them on two leaves.

I am so happy!!! I hung my first plant out to dry! Everything looked great. I sprayed all my veg with neem just to be sure. I also picked up a PH test kit, and finally tested my water! I was so relieved when it came out 7, Neutral!!! Do I need to test the water again after I add nutrients?
Thanks so much!

I am so happy!!! I hung my first plant out to dry! Everything looked great. I sprayed all my veg with neem just to be sure. I also picked up a PH test kit, and finally tested my water! I was so relieved when it came out 7, Neutral!!! Do I need to test the water again after I add nutrients?
Thanks so much!
you test the first few drops that come out of the pots as the water drains out while watering or feeding your soil babies to get soil PH.

Back
Top Bottom