Spider mites & webs!

utownanna

ok, so im totally new at this site. just got here actually. my plants are like a few weeks into flowering and i have spider mites on my plants. two which have webs on the buds. i have lady bugs but they are just like laying around and being lazy lady bugs.... so what do i do? what about a veggie insecticide? or soap and water? i dont want my buds to tast nasty but i want them to make it till the end..... i would cry if they couldnt make it :[
anyone wanna help?
thanks! <3

I'd take your email off by hitting the edit button.

For your problem it sounds like it is very advanced.

Try Pyrethrum spray to start with, Safer's Insect Soap and or Neem oil to follow up with for several weeks. Follow the directions on the product. then I'd blow the buds out with compressed air like computer cleaner to get the little dead guys off your buds. Any pics?

ok, well i hear that neem makes your bud taste reallllly bad? and i dont like nasty tasting bud... will the pyrethum make it taste nasty too??
and to the terry guy, where would i find that kind of predator? i have lady bugs but they arnt working... what kinda predator is a phytoseiulus persimilis predator??? lake a praying mantis or something??

Hydro shops should be able to supply the little bugs.

Here is an example:

phytoseiulus_persimilis

Pyrethrum breaks down very quickly and can be used up to one day before harvest. I have used Neem, Pyrethrum and Safers Insect Soap during budding and have not tasted it afterwards.

would a anti pest fog bomb work ? just thought of it because it should just polute the air for the bugs without putting anything on the soil or on the buds

This is an old thread, but I don't see it recommended very often anywhere..

I have spider mites, and like everyone, it's very difficult to completely get rid of, but very easy to get under control. I use a very simple mixture and spray my plants in veg and flower every 2-3 days with it. I spray my flowering plants up to the week before harvest and have never had any ill effects from it.

I simply mix up 5ml of pure organic rosemary oil extract, a very small drop of dish soap and then fill the rest with water. The rosemary oil is the primary ingredient in SNS spray, and kills the bugs and eggs on contact.

I also add something else to the mix in the even I have webbing or a large amount of them. That ingredient is habanero's. I cook them down into water, enough to fill a spray bottle (usually use about 5 habaneros). Cook them for about 20 minutes on a rolling boil, then strain it into the bottle with the rosemary oil. When you spray it, it will be a bit harsh on your lungs and make you cough, it will make your nose run and eyes water just as if you were to eat the pepper. It's completely safe for consumption and won't harm your plants at all. I find I get amazing results mixing the habanero with rosemary oil, but due to the extra work of making the habanero mix and the added difficulty of spraying it without crying makes it a last resort type thing. I do it once a month maybe just for good measure.

I still have a small amount of mites, but this is due to my laziness in going a week or so between treatments when the numbers really die down. I don't have any get to the point where they spin webs anymore, and my leaf damage has gone down significantly. I'm confident if I kept up with it, I would completely eliminate them

Back
Top Bottom