Sports and smoke?

I come from an extreme sports background, I have always puffed before...maybe not right before. But always have some THC in my system, it seems to get me in the zone quickly! Lately the Bruce Banner has me motivated for long road or mountain bike rides! Seems the higher I am, the further I pedal...then definitely after for aches and pains, as I’m getting old. Recently discovered 99% pure CBD powder, I sprinkle that in joints when the aches exceed my limits. It’s almost immediate relief...without a joint 75km’s into a headwind isn’t as much fun! Just about anything goes with puffing, for me anyways!

I come from an extreme sports background, I have always puffed before...maybe not right before. But always have some THC in my system, it seems to get me in the zone quickly! Lately the Bruce Banner has me motivated for long road or mountain bike rides! Seems the higher I am, the further I pedal...then definitely after for aches and pains, as I’m getting old. Recently discovered 99% pure CBD powder, I sprinkle that in joints when the aches exceed my limits. It’s almost immediate relief...without a joint 75km’s into a headwind isn’t as much fun! Just about anything goes with puffing, for me anyways!
Wow thank you for the tip

Totally agree with Landoc, Im almost 60 and Ive been smoking for 40 years when i workout, these days its bike riding or surfing, especially surfing. Really gets me in the zone. No heavy Indica though, at the moment lemon skunk is doing it for me.

Awesome! I always thought if I smoked n make one mistake I'll get hurt. However I focused more I found n much more relaxed which in BJJ you know you must remain calm in midst of the chaos
Ya I can see where your coming from if your worried about that, I’ve been injured more times then I can count. Literally, no exaggeration. Lots of dislocated joints, easy fix, pop it back in and your rolling again. Lots of broken bones, concussions, hernias, ligament tears.. you name it and I’ve prolly experienced it... shit I was even stabbed a few times and shot once. :laugh: But marijuana definitely helps with martial arts, especially when your drilling but also when sparring, like you say it helps you stay calm but it also helps me analyze situations and respond better... I’ve never believed the hype that weed slows my reaction time, if anything it makes me hyper aware of everything going on. Now when it comes to weights and cardio, I love smoking before the workout. I believe it helps me push my boundaries, especially during cardio, I can get to the point where I’d normally tap out and I keep pushing myself and setting new limits. (This is a mindset I have without herb, my medicine just makes it easier to keep pushing myself.) Last but not least, as I’m sure your well aware, bjj is a painful sport. There’s no way around it, it’s brutal on the body, so my medicine plays a huge role in my pain relief. I have chronic pain from all the injuries over the years so after intense workouts, especially the following day, my medicine allows me the pain relief I need to continue living the life I want to live. Love the post you created here @DakiniKush .. first time I’ve seen an exercise thread and I believe our favorite medicine is being under utilized in this aspect. In my parts, although legalized, the stigma of “lazy stoner” is still prevalent among those who do not partake. It’s laughable, especially when I hear a chain smoking alcoholic that never exercises tell me that stoners are lazy. They have no idea, and it’s not their fault so I don’t blame them. Laziness is a characteristic of a person, not a side effect of smoking marijuana. I’ve always had a hard work ethic because it was instilled in me as a child, so I’ve never been one to smoke a J and “be lazy”. I think the longer it’s legal the more we will see these stigmas disappear.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom