Spraying clone leaves with water?

jokerlola

We had a 5 minute microburst windstorm the other night and it broke a lower branch on my plant. When I noticed it the next day, it was significantly drooped. I cut it completely off and am trying to clone it. I right away, put it in water and it perked up quite a bit. I have it in a dome with Clonex in a peat pellet. Should I be spraying the leaves and plant with water or only spraying the dome itself?

We had a 5 minute microburst windstorm the other night and it broke a lower branch on my plant. When I noticed it the next day, it was significantly drooped. I cut it completely off and am trying to clone it. I right away, put it in water and it perked up quite a bit. I have it in a dome with Clonex in a peat pellet. Should I be spraying the leaves and plant with water or only spraying the dome itself?
Hello @jokerlola hope your well.
The stem , did you cut the end on an angle with a razor?
Soak the pellet in clonex. Mild solution.
Spray the clone and dome morning and night for 3 days.
Then open vents on dome.
Keep spraying morning and night.
After a week close vents Keep spraying.
In about 10 days you should see roots popping out.
Hope that helps.
Bill

Hello @jokerlola hope your well.
The stem , did you cut the end on an angle with a razor?
Soak the pellet in clonex. Mild solution.
Spray the clone and dome morning and night for 3 days.
Then open vents on dome.
Keep spraying morning and night.
After a week close vents Keep spraying.
In about 10 days you should see roots popping out.
Hope that helps.
Bill
Yes, cut end at angle. Soaked pellet only in water but used Clonex gel on the stem. I've done all my growing these last 4 years from cuttings that I've cloned. I've been pretty successful with cloning, only losing a couple of plants but I'm never sure if you should spray the leaves or not. This particular little branch was completely drooped when I found it broken and it perked up when I put it in water but it was still drooping so I wondered if I should spay the leaves. Spraying the leaves did perk it up all the way now. So it helped

This sounds familiar. Was it u on another thread with the outdoor plant that came from a clone because of some kind of other catastrophe.
Yes, that was a fairly big branch but it happened well into flowering, in about late Sept and it had a nice cola plus other buds on it. Here in Denver we get these sudden windstorms and microbursts all the time so growing outside in the open is always exciting! I am always losing a branch or 2 to wind and I've even found plants completely split in half! This little branch didn't even look broken but the next day after the microburst, all the leaves on it were drooped. When I examined it, it was cracked and loose even though it wasn't obviously hanging down. I had been trying to decide whether to cut it off anyway because it was kind of a sucker, lowest branch on the plant. It will make a nice plant and since I don't know if my late stage seedlings are going to make it, I can use another plant for this season.

No need to spray leaves or use a dome. Sorry for the damage. I'm afraid to go out and look at my girls today.
We had some serious rains with wind lucky no hail.
So, won't it just die if I don't spray the leaves and/or get it into a dome since it doesn't have any roots?

The first cutting I ever got almost died because I didn't know anything about cloning. They were cuttings dipped into Clonex gel and stuck into rockwool cubes. I thought I just needed to keep the rockwool cubes moist but the cuttings all withered and were dying until I was told to mist the leaves and put a misted ziplock baggie over them to create a little humidity dome. They all came out of it and rooted and became my first grow in 2018.

I mist with Dakine foliar , under the leaves while cloning every 3-4 days..leaves pick right up..roots grow like crazy ; 5-6” long into the aeroponic reservoir.
I do the same when I clone in peat pellets.

42A39961-1C4E-49FB-8ABB-1757C91C1927.jpeg

I know about cloners and water cloning but he seemed to be indicating no humidity dome with using a Root Riot tray but maybe I mis-heard him.

Speaking of water cloning. I've been cloning plants like house plants and basil and mint by just sticking it in a glass of water on a windowsill for years but I've rarely been able to get cannabis to root like that. Maybe it's my water? That's why I was so surprised that broken branch rooted last year that I am now growing as a clone. I throw cannabis cuttings in water all the time from pruning and what not and they will stay alive for weeks and even months but never root. I stuck that branch in a small, empty Dutch Pro nutrient bottle so I couldn't see the roots developing. I just kept it topped off with water to keep it alive. There are videos on youtube of people getting roots in a week from just sticking cuttings in water so water chemistry must be involved. I have tried various waters as an experiment myself but the results are always the same. I've tried distilled, spring, tap from mine and various other cities, various different bottled waters.

With aeroponic , I don’t use the hood and just use clonex @ 40 ml in the 1.75 gal sump.
I set the ph after clonex at 5.8..check the ph everyday..also have two six inch airstones bubbling away. I know fellow cloners that put cuttings in water with good success…never worked for me.
I use peat and rockwool from time to time…I prefer peat pods. When doing rockwool and peat pods I use the humidity hood. Rockwool especially as it is engineered to be soaked deeply..shook soundly to remove excess water..insert the clone and stick into the chamber. I use a rack to hold the rockwool so that it can lose moisture and induce rooting . Mist with Ph’d water twice a day. Takes a few days longer than aeroponic.

Back
Top Bottom