Spraying leaves

SAFO1

How's everyone ? Just a quick question, .My top leaves seem dry but the rest of the plants are ok. just wondering if spraying them at night with just water might help? my tallest plant seem's doing good. the last two grows I really didn't have any problems except they got real tall and the bud's were massive at the top . then again i sprayed with water but it had nutes in it. which would be better, with or without if spraying? Another question i just started using a phosphate booster with my watering and other nutes ,which are 2-4-4 can't get anything else around here but it works ,just wondering about the booster . :thanks::420:

Hi SAFO1!

Haven't seen you around these parts before. Hope all is well my friend!

I believe I can answer a couple of your questions.

1) applying a foliar spray to your plants is a great idea! Plants can take up many nutrients through their leaves that can be beneficial to the life cycle of the plant. But there are a few things to take into consideration when applying moisture to the leaves in an indoor grow.

- I assume you're growing indoors? If so, it's essential that when applying the spray to the leaves that you turn off 80% of your light source and move the lights approximately 8 feet away from your plant. This allows for the moisture to be taken up the plant through but doesn't allow for burning. Do this during the day a few hours before lights out to ensure all the moisture is gone before the night cycle. That way you avoid foliar fungus and other unwanted mold.

As for the booster, I assume it's a flowering booster? I have questions: How many weeks are you in flower? Is it a single part product? Meaning is there anything that should go with it?

For a little background info provide some info about: soil, strain, light source, water info like PH. and that should help answer other questions.

Hope that helps Friend! It's a bit long winded but i can clarify anything if you have questions

Soil is fox farm ocean forest. Light is 400w hps i'm about 7wks flowering. Thebooster is 0-10-0 ,my regular nutes is general organic's bio thrive 2-4-4. Seed's , well some someone gave me,lol, but they are growing great,2 look like indica , dark leaves stocky plant nice buds. The other is satavia .taller not as dence still nice buds.

Then I say keep doing what you're doing with Nutes. don't forget to stop all Nutes for the last 2-3 weeks of flower for the flush.

Sounds like you're doing great!

Maybe consider creating a journal and post some pics if you haven't already. Show the folks what you've got.

Keep it up!!

If it looks dry near the top, yeah some water wouldn't hurt, but what is your humidity like? If you spray your buds with water at lights off with 70% humidity in there, you will probably find bud rot before too long. If your humidity is under 50% then it should be alright, just focus on spraying the leaves and not the bud. I wouldn't spray with nutes in the water simply because you are in flower stage and you don't wanna spray much of anything on the buds

Back
Top Bottom