Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

Re: Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

Ive tried a few searches and have not found the threads on Promix Organic use where I first heard about it. I remember them because the grower was telling people to find the product with the tomato pic on the bag.

If memory serves, they were growing autos so a 90 day feed would work with no added nutrients.

I have yet to try kindsoil .
So cost prohibitive here in Canada. Shipping is 3x the cost of the product from the US .

That's outrageous. So you guys gotta shop locally then or be prepared to Shell out some serious cash if shipping from the US
Yup. Plus I mean, it's not like it's coming from the other side of the states. I just live on the other side of Lake Michigan for crying out loud. Probably 500 km. That's when I started to research what was in kind soil and I also started to look into my own LOS. That's where I am now, collecting all of the Amendments that I need to create my own living organic soil that I will be able to grow in perpetually.

Yup. Plus I mean, it's not like it's coming from the other side of the states. I just live on the other side of Lake Michigan for crying out loud. Probably 500 km. That's when I started to research what was in kind soil and I also started to look into my own LOS. That's where I am now, collecting all of the Amendments that I need to create my own living organic soil that I will be able to grow in perpetually.
Your better off at that point making your own soil that suits your style of growing. Probably cheaper too.

Your better off at that point making your own soil that suits your style of growing. Probably cheaper too.
Totally....once I found a Canadian supplier that I can drive to..... Make a list and make the trip once lol.

So you know. Ideal soil PH is 6.7.

For soil (or soilless soil,lol) your PH of your water going in is supposed to match up with your runoff. I'd take water PHd to 6.7 and water your plant to 10% runoff. PH that runoff. If it's low, like 6.1, then you know your soil is at around the 6.4 mark.....due to averages. Screw around a bit with your water (ph down or lemon juice) going in until your runoff and your feed water have buffered themselves and brought your soil to around the 6.7 PH. That is the ideal # for all of your NPK as well as essential minerals like calcium and magnesium to be absorbed. You can mess around with PH all day long but your plants are telling you the problem. I just battled a PH problem myself and misdiagnosed it as a calcium deficiency. You also look to be underfeeding bloom nutrients as your leaves are pretty pale. I'd do a feed, feed, water schedule once you get things rolling again, but give the girls a bit more Nitrogen to get them some colour.

You can check out both of my previous grows if you'd like, they were both with Promix HP and standard nutrient dosings.

That’s where I’m getting confused, ive read soil ph is at 6.7, but this isn’t soil it’s basically peat moss with perlite? I’m just getting conflicting information... some say 5.8-6, others such as yourself have recommended 6.7 range.. I’ll check out your journals for sure after work. Thanks for all the good input everybody

That's where I'm getting confused, ive read soil ph is at 6.7, but this isn't soil it's basically peat moss with perlite? I'm just getting conflicting information... some say 5.8-6, others such as yourself have recommended 6.7 range.. I'll check out your journals for sure after work. Thanks for all the good input everybody
For sure. And I get that there is conflicting information but I am absolutely 100% positive that promix correct pH is 6.7. If you're growing in Coco, it's in the 5.7 to 5.8 range and other mediums I'm not too sure about at this point.

Promise HP that is.

I have yet to try kindsoil .
It's awesome from what I understand though, another good friend of mine on here van stank has completed multiple grows on water alone with the ATF strain.

It looks like call/mag deficiency to me. I use Promix and AN nutes. They go great together, but call/mag need to be started as per schedule on bottle, as lil babies. Also, when you use Promix always soak the pot 24 before you put your seed in it. Promix is considered hydro, so keep your ph between 5.6-6.1 or so and you should be fine. If they were my ladies I'd hit then with a double dose of Cal/mag then start regular feedings with it too. She should bounce back rather quickly. Good luck

Odd when I hit the promix sponsor links on 420, I'm getting a security certification message and a warning about them and a different company name.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes oldbear, definitely seeing that. I sincerely think you guys are mistaken about the soil pH. I've done full grows in promix HP and never had a problem at 6.7, I believe you guys are mistaken coco with promix. Coco has the same pH requirements as Hydro.

Please keep discussing this haha, the more opinions/past experiences I can tap into, the better. Again I trust all of you lovely people here on 420mag, just looking for (hopefully) a decent amount of y’all to agree on what the proper ph should be.. 6.0 to 6.7 is a huge difference and just want to be safe

I just assumed he was using promix hp. Water will only take you so far come time to flower since promix has no amendments or nutrients in it.
How old is this girl ?
I'm using promix hp. So you treat promix as soil watering at 6.5?

It looks like call/mag deficiency to me. I use Promix and AN nutes. They go great together, but call/mag need to be started as per schedule on bottle, as lil babies. Also, when you use Promix always soak the pot 24 before you put your seed in it. Promix is considered hydro, so keep your ph between 5.6-6.1 or so and you should be fine. If they were my ladies I'd hit then with a double dose of Cal/mag then start regular feedings with it too. She should bounce back rather quickly. Good luck
My tap water comes out at about 150ppm I figured that might take care of the calmag while young but I don’t know much. I also haven’t checked my water report to tell me exactly what that 150ppm contains lol. Thanks for all the input guys, this has been muh more productive than rambling my thoughts off to my wife.

Hello everyone. I recently planted two pineapple chunk seeds and two cheese seeds in promix. Originally thinking this was soil, I was watering at a ph of 6.3-6.5. The plants appear to be riddled with deficiencies ( I think due to ph swing and possibly over watering?). Upon reading more on promix, I now know it is considered soilless. I believe I need to get my ph closer to 5.8-6.

Yesterday I took some Straight tap water at 7.5 out of the faucet and poured it through a fresh pot of promix. The runoff came out to be 6.3. I have yet to do any type of slurry test to figure out a more accurate ph of the promix.

Should I not ph my water?

Or what should I ph to, to get it to be right all the way through.

I will post pictures soon.

Make sure you get your self some z7
420-magazine-mobile1854438688.jpg

I’m using promix hp. So you treat promix as soil watering at 6.5?

Yes I ph'd it to 6.5 (plus/minus meter precision of course) and she was very comfortable.

So let it dry to a point, but keep it moist. 5.8-6.0 after nutes. You think water feed water?

Most people I know go feed feed water

Back
Top Bottom