Start cooking for February

Diyandimitrov

So im gonna need that soil after 3-4 months . how you gonna sugest me to cooked trought the winter ? Shoud I livet under the rain for few weeks to wash the fertalizers trow bone meal, bloos meal worm casting chicken shit and covered with the tarp on the top? And whats the ratio on those nutrients so I dont put. No enough or to much?

20211022_102110.jpg

How many bags HF are we talking about? Do you have a tractor or skid steer with front-end loader?

due to gravity & runoff I’m guessing most nutrient rich part of your soil is in bottom of each bag……

imho soil will not cook as well in bags…… one aspect of cooking soil is piling it up densely so it develops internal heating from chemical reaction of all ingredients…

one thought - dump in a huge pile, add your amendments then use front-end loader to mix it up…

my 2 cents but let’s see what the pros have to offer

I will take it out from the bags on a big plastic thats not a problem its about 600 bags in total I probably gonna use 2-3 tarps. But I dont know the ingredients I need to put and aproxinatly amout from each one it wont be perfect but im try to do my best so I have good soil for the next March

I will take it out from the bags on a big plastic thats not a problem its about 600 bags in total I probably gonna use 2-3 tarps. But I dont know the ingredients I need to put and aproxinatly amout from each one it wont be perfect but im try to do my best so I have good soil for the next March
But I dont know the ingredients I need to put and aproxinatly amout from each one
Well that is pretty easy. If you can get on the internet to post this message you can also do a google style search for supersoil. There will be several recipes that come up. Read them over and write down the common ingredients that are added to the base mix of compost, peat moss and Perlite.

If you want to start with a base of Happy Frog then it will take more reading to find the amounts to use with that since it already contains several amendments. You could try calling the company to find out what more needs to be added but it is unlikely they will tell you. They will say to use the Fox Farms line of nutrients and for someone in a commercial grow operation that might be the best way to do it.

Just need to be good on math when calculating amendments, I’d try to be very accurate on HF total bag count. don’t just pile up 150 bags in giant heap - do layering…. add 1/3 soil then spray nematodes in layers, add amendments in layer, add RGR & mycos in layers, add water in layers

prolly need tarp covers to get it cooking, then stir again in 60 days

Thanks SCD, you are spot on….

if you have access to tractor or front end loader I’d sure stir the soil it at least once…
So its time. See thate big plastic i will spred each greenhouse plastic like that and open those happy frog bags on top of it. So when I do that. I'm gonna throw some worm casting bone meal blood meal chicken shit mycroryzal dolamite and all that I will try to spred evenly around the soil. Then I have to watered right? (Not too much) when I do all that shoud I cover the soil with another plastic. How important its to be covered and what it will happen if I dont covered on top.

20211122_142337_HDR.jpg

20211122_142331.jpg

20211122_142325.jpg

Wow big task at hand. Mix it well…. but don’t spread it out thinly, you want one massive pile and yes water it in and that will start the cooking process. Add your special soup mix too any mycos or recharge etc. Yes the plastic is necessary on very top to hold in both heat and moisture, prolly gotta weigh the plastic down with something to keep it windproof

nice setup!

Yea the wind take of the plastic from 3 of the greenhouses and destroyed one of them completely. So shoud be big pile? I thought the thin the better. I looks likw I was about to fucked up again

After amending the soil and watering it in - sets up chemical and thermal reaction as the substrate cooks over many months time, the pile of soil will heat up as it rots.

I mean yeah you could do 2 separate piles if that makes it easier to manage but my preference would be large pile versus being spread out
Alright any advices how im gonna spred the the slow release things evenly if its a big pile?I mean I hava idea but its alot of shave work xaxa

Back
Top Bottom