Starting a hydroponics store

M00gle

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of starting a hydroponics store in Michigan and was wanting to hear from some other entrepreneurs about their journey. From the research I've done, I think now is a good time to start a store in this industry. For instance...

-First, being in a recession, which could very well turn into a depression, I think people will want to begin growing their own food and becoming independent of the mass producers.
-Second, alot of people these days are concerned with what is in their food and where it comes from. Indoor gardening is a good way to get high quality food not treated with pesticides.
-Finally, and most importantly, Michigan passed a medical marijuana law and there will soon be alot of patients growing. I hope to be there to guide the new growers as well as supply them.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone else out there in the hydro business or just any general comments or advice. Hydroponics and medical growing are my passion and I would love to be able to follow my dream. Thanks everyone!

Re: Starting a hydroponics store..

I would contact the people in Dearborn, that run SH Hydroponics, Inc.

Their toll free phone number is on their website and they are setting up seveal stores a week in Michigan now that med use is legal.

Tell them Roseman sent you.

Ah! Stealth hydro... I've been to their site a few times in the past. They have some pretty nice economical hydro setups. I definately will give them a call and reference you. Thanks for info Roseman!

Re: Starting a hydroponics store.

Hey Roseman! Not started yet. Right now I'm trying to figure out which supplier to go with. I'm debating whether to start with sunlight supply or hydrofarm. It's alot of work starting a business but I did find a lease location with 800 square feet of showroom and 800 s.f. of storage. It's pretty small to start but I think it will be enough room for now.

On another note I was up a the caregiver's cup in yspilanti MI this weekend. It was pretty cool to see the mmj industry up close and personal. I can't wait to be a part of it and do what I can to contribute and help spread the cause.

Hey -------! Not started yet. Right now I'm trying to figure out which supplier to go with. I'm debating whether to start with sunlight supply or hydrofarm. It's alot of work starting a business but I did find a lease location with 800 square feet of showroom and 800 s.f. of storage. It's pretty small to start but I think it will be enough room for now.

On another note I was up a the caregiver's cup in yspilanti MI this weekend. It was pretty cool to see the mmj industry up close and personal. I can't wait to be a part of it and do what I can to contribute and help spread the cause.

I have a SunLight catalog, and they are the biggest!

420 Magazine's Member of the Month Contest: January 2010

The voting polls are open NOW!

Hi I have a store in Arkansas and hydrofarm is the easiest vendor to work with there web site is the best when making orders and they work with u a little more .we do have a lot of vendors and love them all but they make it easy

Hey M00gle,

I noticed you were/are in the process of opening a hydroponics store. I really want to start a hydroponics business, and was looking for some advice, supplier information, setbacks, community reaction, anything really to help me get started. Feel free to give me a message back. Really would like to catch up with you and see how business is going from your person experience.

Thanks,

Hydro VS Soil

Back
Top Bottom