Starting Seeds in Rockwool

jasonandjenn

We have a tray with rockwool cubes in it, then placed seeds in cubes and placed under fluorescent light timed at 18 hours, should we add any water to the tray or any nutrients at all?

we are going to hydro, 8 pot water farm, we are getting clones, but decided just to try some of our seeds that we have gathered from some really good weed....

Try lining a small container with paper towel. Put the seeds between two layers. Put the lid on, keep the paper towel moist, and put the container in a warm dark place.

There are a million and one different ways to germinate. This is just the method that I find works best for me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck, and keep us posted!

You may have heard it before. Take a damp papertowel fold it in half.Place the seeds in paper and fold again.Put paper towel in pastic baggy and seal it to retain the moister.Put bag in warm dark place and check everyday until you see the taproot. Then place seedling in rockwool taproot down.
First week just use water then a 10% Nutrient solution on the second.
Increase slowly week by week until you get to a 50 or 60% solution and check your ph as often as possible.Ph is 5.3 to 6.3 which is a easy range to obtain using a ph down or a ph up depending on your water.Hope this helps.

Well urdedpal, it seems great minds think alike ;)
But you explained it better than I did.

Thanks for the help! We will post some pics as it goes along... we did 2 plants outside last summer and it turned out pretty good.

We have a heater pad underneath the tray.. should that help our babies along? lol...:hmmmm:

:passitleft:
jason & jenn

suck out all the oxygen out of the baggy. as most everybody knows. oxygen ruines roots. if theres no oxygen. the roots dont have to worry.

Back
Top Bottom