What am I doing wrong?

One bulb isn't enough. The light dosent have any real penetration
For that area you need 2 bulbs minimum , I used a 4 bulb t5

What's the other light??

Penetration isn’t really necessary and the light is fine for the seeds. Just needs to be closer to the tops of seedlings. Screw the humidity dome and lower your light closer and adjust as the plants tell you.

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 48
One bulb isn't enough. The light dosent have any real penetration
For that area you need 2 bulbs minimum , I used a 4 bulb t5

What's the other light??

Its an LED panel 120W Blue Spectrum

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 46
Can you take a pic of the label. I would get yourself a bottle of cal mag. Nutri plus if you can to keep them the same.

I will definitely check out the nearest hydro, but this is the only thing I'm using at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_2161.jpg
    IMG_2161.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 47
I will definitely check out the nearest hydro, but this is the only thing I'm using at the moment
That should work fine for about 10 days but cal/mag which is in your tap water might need more time will tell. But I would pick some up and a base nutrient when you can.

That should work fine for about 10 days but cal/mag which is in your tap water might need more time will tell. But I would pick some up and a base nutrient when you can.

I picked up some iThrive which has cal/mag in it and also a 4 inch dome rather than the 8 inch dome I am currently using. Thank you!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 47
I'm a total newbie at this but I found coco to be much more forgiving. My rockwool attempts were bad real bad and any successful ones turned out the weirdest looking plants.

A small Kratky setup is easy to make from things around your house. I use solo cups in peanut butter or mayo jars (plastic ones), if you cut the top threaded part off the cups sit in there perfectly, cover the res with paper, cloth or tape and your good to go. I've read that coco is almost impossible to over-water... I'm a believer.

I'm a total newbie at this but I found coco to be much more forgiving. My rockwool attempts were bad real bad and any successful ones turned out the weirdest looking plants.

A small Kratky setup is easy to make from things around your house. I use solo cups in peanut butter or mayo jars (plastic ones), if you cut the top threaded part off the cups sit in there perfectly, cover the res with paper, cloth or tape and your good to go. I've read that coco is almost impossible to over-water... I'm a believer.

I just got myself some "Pea moss" starters so I'll do a little experiment with both rockwool and that and see where that takes me. I will definitely look into coco though since you're not the first to advise me :)

Peat moss is close to rockwool in that it will hold a lot of water, so be careful with it. Drainage is key with all mediums. I love the Kratky setup because the pot is suspended in mid air and it gives maximum drainage and the res sitting just below the cup insures you'll never dry out completely.

Ph is also important, I found that if you mix some water and then want to use it again days later... yea check the ph again before you use it.

Back
Top Bottom