Starting to show signs of sickness

Sooperdooper

Hello I have just noticed I have small yellow spots here and there if you look closely and a brownish spot on the youngest one. What could be causing this? I make sure to only water once things are almost dry. I use biobizz light mix along with bio grow, calmag, bioheaven, and adjust pH to somewhere between 6 and 7. My humidity hovers around 55 to 60 percent. My light's far enough away I believe as I've seen no signs of heat stress. Any assistance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
20200603_223612.jpg
20200603_223605.jpg
20200603_223548.jpg
20200603_223532.jpg

Er ya freaking out over nothing :ganjamon:

Just a little leaf distortion at best.

Organic nutrients such as biobizz do not need to be PH adjust for soil growing...

Ye i'm biobizz fan myself used em for years !

Er ya freaking out over nothing :ganjamon:

Just a little leaf distortion at best.

Organic nutrients such as biobizz do not need to be PH adjust for soil growing...

Ye i'm biobizz fan myself used em for years !
The reason I'm using pH down is cuz I'm in Finland and tap water pH is over 8.0 I don't think the problem is very visible on camera but it's there I think maybe haha

Wow that is pretty alkaline tap water.

Most bottled nutrients are in the acidic range so that should effect tap water PH by some degree but in some case's i can see why you need a PH down.

Could always look into reverse osmosis for a softer water supply but you may need to add Ca/Mg supplement to feeding regime.

Give it some time and the leaves will settle. It’s live and kicking man
I am still seeing growth, I've been measure any new growth diameter, so growth is still happening at the same rate, I just don't understand the yellow spots. It's not consistent with nutrient burn type of yellowing either so I'm not sure

What is the leaf contortion? I let the top layer dry up for the most part between watering, usually once every 24 hours I water about 2-3 cups of water
That is it then...
As above, so below... that leaf contorted when a root died... a major root. You are drowning your plant. The spots are caused by the plant's inability to draw up enough of the nutrients that indeed are being provided... the roots are very sick and getting worse.

Letting the top layer of soil dry out is not at all what is required, you must let it dry out all the way to the bottom. Before you water again that soil needs to be as dry as the Sahara Desert. You will think that you are killing your plant... but it will mysteriously be happy. If you lift up that dry container you should not be able to tell that there is any water weight in there at all.

When you have finally, for the first time, properly gotten oxygen down to the lowest roots, the important tap and feeder roots, they will revive and will be able to draw up enough water and develop enough water pressure, to lift those leaves up toward the light.

But yes, you are an overwaterer because you water too often, but it is not because you are giving too much water. When you do finally water that container, saturate that soil and stop trying to think for the plants and decide that they need about 2-3 cups of water. Let that soil and the roots decide for you how much water that plant can take. When you water, think of that soil as a sponge that you are trying to fill up with the very last drop that it can hold before any extra would just flow out of the bottom as runoff.

Then, you wait. 2 days... 4 days... with your damaged roots, maybe 5 days... until she truly gets dry all the way to the bottom again. Each time you move the plant through a wet/dry cycle, the roots expand, seeking all of that water and the plant will get noticeably stronger.

I wrote a paper about this that close to 200,000 people have read, and many think it so important that they put links in their signature lines linking to it. You should read it too. The link is down below.

Yup i would tend agree on Emilya suggestion of over watering as 2 to 3 cups of water for a plant of size would seem to much !

Transpiration of a plant that small & ambient heat off growing area would not suggest a daily watering.

That is it then...
As above, so below... that leaf contorted when a root died... a major root. You are drowning your plant. The spots are caused by the plant's inability to draw up enough of the nutrients that indeed are being provided... the roots are very sick and getting worse.

Letting the top layer of soil dry out is not at all what is required, you must let it dry out all the way to the bottom. Before you water again that soil needs to be as dry as the Sahara Desert. You will think that you are killing your plant... but it will mysteriously be happy. If you lift up that dry container you should not be able to tell that there is any water weight in there at all.

When you have finally, for the first time, properly gotten oxygen down to the lowest roots, the important tap and feeder roots, they will revive and will be able to draw up enough water and develop enough water pressure, to lift those leaves up toward the light.

But yes, you are an overwaterer because you water too often, but it is not because you are giving too much water. When you do finally water that container, saturate that soil and stop trying to think for the plants and decide that they need about 2-3 cups of water. Let that soil and the roots decide for you how much water that plant can take. When you water, think of that soil as a sponge that you are trying to fill up with the very last drop that it can hold before any extra would just flow out of the bottom as runoff.

Then, you wait. 2 days... 4 days... with your damaged roots, maybe 5 days... until she truly gets dry all the way to the bottom again. Each time you move the plant through a wet/dry cycle, the roots expand, seeking all of that water and the plant will get noticeably stronger.

I wrote a paper about this that close to 200,000 people have read, and many think it so important that they put links in their signature lines linking to it. You should read it too. The link is down below.
Thank you for such a thorough explanation of how to proceed! I really appreciate it, I'll be sure to stop pouring water in there for a few days till it really dries out before proceeding to water the plant any further

Back
Top Bottom