STC-1000 Heat & Cool Temperature Controller

AusyBattler

420 Member
Hi all, hope everyone is well and enjoying success with your grows. I have been using this STC-1000 temp controller for nearly 4 years now without any issues. I use one for my pump in res to move water through my DIY chiller as the temp changes, and also one for my chiller which is a Waeco fridge/freezer. The thermostat wasn't working so now I regulate temp with temp controller. I've read on forums that people are using timers for heaters in grow area which isn't very accurate. This controller has a cooling and also a heating cycle that can be programed to whatever temp you desire, you can input your differential temp to turn on and to turn off. Easy to use and install and use, comes in 12v, 24v and 110-240v, connect aircon to cool and heater to heat, set temps and forget.

This is a pic of what it looks like, I hope it may help someone

stc-1000.jpeg

I'm a proud DIY Aussie on a pension, so coins tight. I'm runnin a 40ltr rdwc using a 3way esky made in Geebung Qld back in the 80s and still running strong today, a 5V pump and fan sealed in with 2 insulated tubes into a SS 9M 10mm coil as the cooler side of the stc and 2 x12v 3A 100-110C submersible heaters doin the other side . Works fantastic. So all up my 4x4 temp controlled environment cost me a total of Esky = coupla bud, STC = $3, shoe-heaters = $8, ss coil, hose, insul, pump & fan = $75. Both h/c run at 80W each, which is minimalized by the stc. Now compare that with a Hyrdo shop, where your outlay , to do the same job, anywhere from $700 - $3000, now add the power costs of a 1000/2000W every hour and I'm out. The money I saved doing it brought me a new AC infinity ironframe Evo6 and a years worth of canna aqua. GROWROOM ASTECTICS MEAN NOTHING BUT $ AND BLOG BLING, DIY IS FUNCTIONING SELF PRIDE AND KNOWLEDGE. I know who's envious of who after the harvest, just quietly.. GO HARD SON

Back
Top Bottom