Storage: Bags vs. Jars

What type of stash storage do you prefer?

• Jar

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Baggie

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Who Cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither - I smoke mine till it's gone

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Title says it all - do you keep your stash in bags or glass jars? I used to always just use ziplocks, but recently I've been entertaining the idea of jars instead. I just noticed how easy it is to work with the bud stored in jars at the dispensaries/collectives I frequent. In discussing the topic with growers and shop employees, the consensus was that glass jars work best to allow the buds to properly cure and also maintain freshness. Plastic jars supposedly will retain the smell of things, and the bags jst don't seal well enough.

What do you use and why?

I use jars mainly because it is easier and looks nicer. Plus they are air tight. Makes for a better cure.

I use bags mainly for security reasons. Jars are a bit more difficult to conceal than bags.

there is no better option for storage than a tightly closed jar.:smokin:

I use jars at home because i think it makes the budz smell better and i don't have to worry about sitting on it and crushing the budz. Something about a jar just makes it better.

I have little zip lock bags that are about as big as a match book that i use when taking a couple of bowls out of the house.

Jars all the way! I'm constantly amazed at how much more moist and "stinky" my bud is when I store it in a jar as opposed to a baggie. Oh, and for my on-the-go needs, I use a dugout--usually only filled with what I think I may need for the day's festivities!

Jars for sure, mostly for aesthetics. since as the moment i am now not growing so curing isn't an issue. there is just some thing about a little jar full off bud that just make me happier than a baggie full of bud. plus i find it helps keep odor down if the buds are on the smelly side.. all though of course baggies on the run.

I keep mine in a ziploc bag that I keep inside of a mason jar that I take with me when I go somewhere..Not even a whiff gets out :)

i keep mine in a jar at home as well... in a jar and in a hat; protected from light and air that way. plus i heard that jars are best for the weed to "crystallize" in... idk what validity that may have, but whatever. jars have worked the best for me. keeps it fresher.

I can safely say I can agree with everyone so far on this thread.

these are awesome . they are little packets you put in your stash bag keeps in exactly right for as long as you want,
Save My Stash totally works :ganjamon:

For on the go I use glass cigar sleeves. They are skinny and pretty sturdy (but it is glass) they fit perfect in a wind-breaker or jacket pocket and dont look like anything suspicious, PLUS should you need to bail and throw it it breaks and makes the weed REALLY REALLY hard to find. It IS Littering I know but it has saved my stoned ass twice! they go and look and find glass all over the lawn or whatever but the weed usually gets mushed into the dirt. only a littering fine :) Just pray you dont get the cop who is willing to scrub the dirt and/or mud to find 2 grams of dank to put you in jail, they do exist.

The sleeves are at gas stations and humidors everywhere but you gotta pay for a $5-8+ cigar. BUT keep a couple they are definitely worth it.

As for jars, they are awesome. I buy candles from wal mart and burn them when I am burning and then wash the jar out with hot water. :yummy:

Hey Clark.. White Owls and Some swishas even come in a cigar case, and its a hard plastic, not glass. Dutch Masters comes in a glass case depending on what store you go to. White Owls are $1.25 and dutches are $1.50 now

I use a leftover pill bottle that holds about 1/4 oz. of broken up weed. Easy enough to conceal, smell proof, and the shake pours out nice and easy.

Back
Top Bottom