Strain/dispensary reviews?

hapytimeharry

Hello, I am new here, and feel that I may be overlooking the obvious.

I am a new patron of my local dispensary in Santa Cruz CA. They have a variety of strains to choose from in Sativa, Indica, and some 50/50's. But noone there seems to be able to comment much on the difference between any of them. I realize that this can be quite subjective. However, any input at all, is better than none.
I found this section: https://www.420magazine.com/reviews/
Still it seems rather limited. Again, maybe I am overlooking what is in plain site.

If not, should I write and submit reviews on different strains that I try, even though they may be exclusive to my region?
Thanks

What type of stone/ high are you looking for? There are two basic types: the first is a ‘body stone’ that knocks you down and holds you there, which is synonymous with INDICAS. A second type of stone is a trippy cerebral high, often associated with SATIVAS.
A MIX OF BOTH OR MOSTLY 'BODY STONE'
The dispensaries should know this if they are any way half decent.

Sorry for the delay getting back here, I was discouraged after deleting my post.
What type of stone/ high are you looking for?
I'm not lookin' for types of highs. I am lookin' for feedback on whatever strains, my local dispensary might have.

The different strains are grouped, sativa, indica, and 50/50's. My question is, if they have ten or 15 different sativas, why should I choose one over the other, at $50 a pop?

Since noone at the dispensary can seem to offer much feedback on the subtle differences between 15 different types of Sativas, I was wondering if I should start such a thing here. Where I offer my feedback, on the strains in my area.
IE: I just acquired a 50/50 called, "FLO."
It was $55
The name is not in any way indicative of the effects.
My acquisition was a bit too dry.
My first impression was that rather than a 50/50, it seemed to be more of
a 70/30 in favor of Indica.
It also seemed that after one hour, the affects seemed to lift abruptly.

This type of info, plus a photo or two, is what I had in mind.

I found a section that appears to offer what I am looking for.
https://www.420magazine.com/reviews/
But I wasn't sure if I should just dive in, or what. Should I create a section for the strains in my area? Is that section, intended for what I have described?

Lastly, as I write this, I think that I am wasting my time. Obviously no one else is asking the same questions as myself. So fcuk 'em. In theory, I could get rid of all 15 different strains of Sativa offered, and sell only one strain, but with 15 different made-up names. I don't think it would matter, since no one as of yet has ever said, "You should try "****" strain, it is better than the others, for the following reasons.

So far the only feedback I've managed to pry out of anyone, has been a bleary-eyed, "Whah?" :smokin:
peace

It is hard to advise on dispensary menus, as product lines are changing constantly. A little bit of strain knowledge helps when buying, but testing weed is a very subjective process, so my advice would be to try them all till you have a base line of experience.
By all means start a thread on weed you purchase, and even toss some pics in.
Feedback from members such as yourself is most welcome, so please feel confident of posting your own experiences and judgements on dispensary goods.

I've always loved Northern Lights/ if they have any NIL it would be worth trying.J
I absolutely wanna try that one! It is not currently stocked where I go.

I went there today, and grabbed a couple of $20 sacks. They range from 1g, to 1.3g ea. Right now, my reliable standard is a 50/50, called Maui Wowie.

So for my other sack, I got a sativa called "White Meadow". The guy helping me either said that he liked it, or that "people" liked it. That was all I needed to hear, so I grabbed it.

As I write this, I am 14min in, and so far it's alright.
My tool/method of testing was the, "gravity bong." I've been schmokin' for about 26 years now.*hangs head in shame?* hehe Anyway, my schmokin''-life truly began the day I discovered the gravity-bong.

All day today, I've had this nervous habit/twitch goin' on. With two min of schmokin'-out, it stopped, and hasn't returned.

Annnnnnnd, I just noticed that I am rambling. Sorry. You know how it is. :bigblush: hehe
In closing I would like to say that I am 30min in to the "White Meadow", and my enthusiasm seems to be waning. I will have to conduct more tests.
peace

Good to hear^Keep looking for that NL,I dont hear too many people around here talk about Northern Lights(I'd love to know what Moose thinks baout them)but I swear they can take the Pepsi chalenge with some of the best of them.The taste is delightly mouthwattering.I'm a little biased though because they used to be my little girls and they made me proud.Keep us informed.

NL is a classic old strain, which was used by many breeders. I quite enjoy the high, but find it a light weight with what I have been growing the last decade.
I have been hearing that the OG Kush is the ants pants.

That hurt Moose you called my little girls "lightweights".Just Kidding it was before my accident so it was over a decade ago.Still I wouldnt mind one:joint:number in my hand.

OG kush is a great strain for sure but there are so many other strains that surpass it now man. But I'd have to add it's definatly one of the best strains I've ever smoked on and in my personal top 10. :grinjoint:

I have only one thing to say about this: I feel a real need to talk to the budtender. I've only been to two dispensaries, 4 times, total.

One in Santa Cruz [my experience was similar] once, and the rest in San Jose. I'm leaving you the latter url: San Jose Medical Marijuana Dispensary | Silicon Valley ARC.
Aaron, Mike or Sara will help you. My first visit was w/Mike. He's a Master Budtender & not pushy, but kind and gracious. He's definitely part of the "love is part of the medicine" mindset along w/ Depak Chopra, James Lynch [ground-breaking data on the medical consequences of loneliness], Andrew Weil, MD, & Christiane Northrup, MD.

I'm so new, I'm green. Hence, my huge appreciation to this friendly, clean center.
Best of luck. I better to read the "rules" list again: hoping not to offend anyone by naming a dispensary. My daddy used to say "there's no free advertising." He was in the broadcasting biz. :)

Thanks for posting.
k

Back
Top Bottom