Strain effects in edibles vs smoke/vaping?

McIDDI

Hey, all. I have been trying to find out what the differences are in effect between edibles (oils, tinctures, baked goods, etc.) and the same strain smoked or vaped. LOTS of conflicting, brief, and vague info.

I would like to try and utilize a coconut/canna oil for edibles, as well as do some tinctures, but I am very unclear as to whether the strain effects remain- much of the info seems to indicate that you get a body/ couch lock effect from edibles regardless of what strain and type (sat/ind) you start with.

For me, I find that most of the smoked MMJ I have tried results in a higher body awareness (sounds a bit louder, really feel my heartbeat, that sort of thing). This is problematic, as I have anxiety issues and wind up really focusing on my elevated and seemingly thunderous heart rate- freaks me out. I recently tried a strain that I was told is called Black Betty, and it did not elevate my heart rate so I had no anxiety issues with it. So, I'd like to know if the integrity of the strain effects remain in edibles, or if the chemical changes that will occur in my liver (except for sub-lingual tinctures, they don't go the liver route) to the active compounds will result in a basically totally different med. Especially since edibles last so much longer- I'd hate to turn the Black Betty into an edible, screw up the calm mojo, and be anxious as all hell for six hours. (shuddering to even think about it, ugh)

Not sure if I explained that very well.

Thoughts?

McIddi

Back
Top Bottom