Strain for autism

What exactly do you all mean when you say “good for autism”? As in helping them deal with sensory overload? Or as in you’re trying to treat those on the spectrum?

Children on the spectrum experience a spectrum of signs and symptoms. Cannabis appears to be safe and effective at treating a range of symptoms experienced by those with autism that adversely affect them and often those around them (by this I mean the distress others experience either by their distress but also sometimes they act out toward others). So when I say "good for autism" I mean good at treating the adverse symptoms of autism such as stress/anxiety, rage, self-harm, others-harm, and also helps with socialization and expression/verbalization. There are a number of anecdotal examples and a very few studies have been done. Recent studies done in Israel, for example, have been extremely encouraging. Cannabis seems to be good with helping reduce sensory overload and treating the spectrum of symptoms experienced. I hope that helps answer the question.

Children on the spectrum experience a spectrum of signs and symptoms. Cannabis appears to be safe and effective at treating a range of symptoms experienced by those with autism that adversely affect them and often those around them (by this I mean the distress others experience either by their distress but also sometimes they act out toward others). So when I say "good for autism" I mean good at treating the adverse symptoms of autism such as stress/anxiety, rage, self-harm, others-harm, and also helps with socialization and expression/verbalization. There are a number of anecdotal examples and a very few studies have been done. Recent studies done in Israel, for example, have been extremely encouraging. Cannabis seems to be good with helping reduce sensory overload and treating the spectrum of symptoms experienced. I hope that helps answer the question.
Ok cool, I appreciate the context. Honestly I was a little ticked off because I’ve worked with children who are on the spectrum specializing in behaviors since I was 17 and I thought people were saying they were trying to basically “cure” it so to speak as though it’s something to be cured. But that totally makes sense and I agree, there is a lot of good cannabis can do to make the day to day more bearable for everyone involved. That being said I’ve found that primarily indica dominant strains tend to produce the best results in curbing some of the assumed negatives involved with autism.

Back
Top Bottom