Strain Mixing Question

NewPotFarmer

i'm just curious about mixing strains. and what you get when you do.

i had a male THC Bomb that i used to pollinate a small bud on a female Killawatt. i ended up with 4 seeds, 3 of which hatched and 2 actually grew, and just yesterday i was able to confirm that the two that grew are male and female that i plan on making seeds with and i am wondering what exactly i have. meaning have i created a strain of my own? should i get traits from both parent plants(thc bomb and killawatt)? am i inbreeding since both parents are from the same plant? do i have to grow multiple generations before it is it's own new strain?

just any info or thoughts would be a big help, i am completely new to this.

What you have is thc bomb x killawatt. That may or may not be a F1 hybrid. Those are good. Vigorous. If two strains that differ alot from each other or at least have different ancestry, have sex, then you have a F1. Check out their lineage at seedfinder for example to see what kind of mix it was that you put into the pot.

ok, the thc bomb is tough to find genetic info on. the killa watt, by seedism seeds, is mostly hindu kush with a smattering of OG kush. the two strains grew quite differently, the bomb grows like a christmas tree and killawatt like a shrub full of dense, sticky flowers. the bomb is a more vigorous grower, with good mold resistance and the killa did have budrot issues grown here in the humid hills of costa rica.

now i have a pair of babies from the original mom(killa) that was pollinated by dad(bomb)...should the seeds from this pair of plants and their seeds and so on be a strain of its own, and stay the same as long as i keep breeding them?

Yes the children of killa and bomb are of a new strain. Half killa and half bomb. You write killa x bomb or You Come up with a new name that is up to You. They are probably f1 hybrids. If they afe then they will be uniform sharing traits from both pafents. IF an f1 havet sex with another f1 then all kinds of interesting stuff happens.

thanks for the info. i was thinking 'hindu kush bomb' for a name. i have some seeds from afghan skunk crossed with the same bomb male and some headband 707 x male thc bomb as well, but they will months from now, still looking forward to the results. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom