Strain selection choice for a 5x5 tent: help me decide on which strains to pick

hydro91

Dear 420magazine community,

Finally decided to get my grow tent underway and I've settled on a lighting solution for it which has taken me a good part of a year to decide on.

I have multiple different high quality strains and I'm requesting the advice and opinions of the community here regarding how many plants I should setup and which strains they should be.

Currently thinking 4 plants in a 5x5 tent with a fully organic grow medium with each plant powered by a MARS hydro tsw 2000 quantum board grow lights consisting of 4 lights in the grow tent.

The strains I'm currently considering planting are

1x Granddaddy purple
1x Strawberry cough
1x Northern lights
1x Sour Diesel or Durban poison

I could consider adding a few extra plants at the cost of each strain providing a smaller yield but I'm not sure.

Other seeds I currently have in my collection are

Jack Herrer
Original Skunk #1
Gelat.OG

The choice of what to grow is personal. Choose strains that are easy to grow, and that you enjoy, or need for medicinal purposes. I strongly suggest limiting yourself to one or two strains for your first grow. Every strain has its own needs and idiosyncrasies. Adding strains usually complicates the grow.

I'm in the final stage of a two tent, five plant, three strain grow. It has been a real PITA. One strain needs significantly less light than the others. The other strains provided shade before they were harvested. The low light strain was light burned almost instantly. This is just one of the complications that can arise during a multi strain grow.

The choice of what to grow is personal. Choose strains that are easy to grow, and that you enjoy, or need for medicinal purposes. I strongly suggest limiting yourself to one or two strains for your first grow. Every strain has its own needs and idiosyncrasies. Adding strains usually complicates the grow.

I'm in the final stage of a two tent, five plant, three strain grow. It has been a real PITA. One strain needs significantly less light than the others. The other strains provided shade before they were harvested. The low light strain was light burned almost instantly. This is just one of the complications that can arise during a multi strain grow.

Really great information and it'll definitely be something I'll need to consider in a multi strain grow if I choose to go down that path.

I've never been one to back down from a challenge though and I can tend to be a little stubborn at times.

Four Mars Hydro TSW 2000's in a 5x5? Dude, even using Mars Hydros that's WAY WAY too much lighting for a 5x5. Try two of them in a 5x5, or better yet spend the same money on one good light.

My tent is about a 3x5 almost 7 feet tall. I have North Shore Maui, Skywalker OG, and Strawberry Sequoia in 5 gallon pots in flower right now and it is full. No room for another.
I did grow Grandaddy Purple, Gorilla Skittles, Betty Boo x's 2, and Tangie at once in 3 gallon pots and it and was fine. Really depends on your pot size and the strains. Gorilla Skittles was the smallest I've grown so far. Won't mess with it again.
GDP was kinda finicky for me. But yielded good!

My tent is about a 3x5 almost 7 feet tall. I have North Shore Maui, Skywalker OG, and Strawberry Sequoia in 5 gallon pots in flower right now and it is full. No room for another.
I did grow Grandaddy Purple, Gorilla Skittles, Betty Boo x's 2, and Tangie at once in 3 gallon pots and it and was fine. Really depends on your pot size and the strains. Gorilla Skittles was the smallest I've grown so far. Won't mess with it again.
GDP was kinda finicky for me. But yielded good!
Hey I'm growing Gorilla Zkittlez autoflower this time. I hear that your experience was that it was the smallest strain you've grown, but how was the quality, taste, appearance, trichomes, and smell of it? Got any pics of what the strain looks like growing?

Back
Top Bottom