Strain that thrives in hot conditions?

NoLogo

Hey,

So is there a strain that thrives in hotter conditions than most MJ plants? like a range of 85-95 or something. Do sativa plants deal with the heat better than indicas? any info appreciated. Did a quick search all I could find was the same ol keep it at 75 no higher than 80. My grow room is getting pretty hot so I would be interested to know of any plants that would use this to their advantage.

Thanks

Right now have no idea what I have, figure they're a sativa, but there are seven out in the yard, and at the moment it's 93 degrees farenheit on the carport. Humid too. The ones trying to survive out here are from what a good friend termed "pretty good reefer." What we usually get around here is sativa from Mexico or whatever someones managed to cook up in a small patch. Tried Afghan cultivar but they couldn't stand it.
:peace:

thanks for the info guys, if anyone else has a specific strain they have had success with please let me know.

i was surprised to hear you say the afghan strain didnt work out since i just assumed it would be hot as all hell out there, this is good to know since i was considering an Afghani hash plant or something like that

There has been a pretty large heat wave in southern california this past week. I have some 100%sativa plants that love the heat. They were growing like crazy before i had to end the grow. Good luck with your plants!

Any of the Durban Poison varieties or any of the Texada Timewarp varieties handle heat well.They also finish by the end of Sept. or early Oct.

this will actually be an indoor grow. im using a crawl space in my house which is great during winter because the temperatures stay perfect, but in the summer it gets crazy hot in there, between 85-95 during the days. humidity isnt much of a problem. the strain im using now is indica (the doctor from greenhouse seeds) and from previous grows i know it usually grows much faster, and i believe it is the heat that is stunting the growth, which is why im looking for a strain with a high heat tolerance.

Increase your ventilation entering and exiting your crawl space.Insulate your crawl space better.Does your HVAC have duct work in the crawl space?If not get a portable ac unit to keep the temps down.

Increase your ventilation entering and exiting your crawl space.Insulate your crawl space better.Does your HVAC have duct work in the crawl space?If not get a portable ac unit to keep the temps down.

there is no hvac in the crawl space. a portable air con unit runs $300+ here, which is frankly out of the question. also puting holes in the side of the house and in walls is not something i am interested in doing, which brings me to looking for a high heat resistant plant that i can grow in the summer time. the door is opened at least once a day and new air is brought into the grow area. i like the idea of switching day and night times, so that at night i have the lights going, and during the day they are not going. I am using a small 4 bulb t5 setup which is low heat out put anyway, so im not sure if that would even have much of an affect.

it isnt the ideal grow room, but it is all i got right now. you can see pics of it in my gallery.

there are two fans in there already.

"Increase your ventilation entering and exiting your crawl space"

If there is another way to keep a closed environment and have air entering and exiting other than installing an exhaust fan in the wall or somthing please let me know.

Does you crawlspace have a dirt floor?If so get a shovel and dig.Dig down 3-4 feet,brace dirt walls with wood.Enclosed grow area with wood.Get a window a/c unit.They can be purchased for under 150 dollars.Problem solved.

thanks to all who posted strains and information, that includes you kush, i actually looked at some of your other posts, and found you mentioned a strain Blue Moonshine. after having a look at some pictures of it im pretty sure im gonna have to grow that sometime, it looks delicious, probably not good for the summer if im having problems now, but during the winter for sure. thanks again.

First,No Logo your problem is not a strain choice.It is a ventilation/climate problem.Wrong question in the wrong sub form,Second you are not growing in a crawl space.A crawl space is under the house,you are growing in a closet/storage area.From the pics you posted most likely on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a house 50 years or older.

KUSH302, you have great growing advice to offer. Why do you have to be such an anal orifice about it? You seem to be more focused on cutting other people down than you are in offering help. I know, people like me are just idiots, right? I'll try to look beyond your abrasive personality and learn from you what I can about growing Cannabis.

Sorry all...I've been known to have an abrasive personality as well. Thank Jah for Cannabis! I've had to taper off my meds lately so may be a little cranky my ownself. :peace:

Howdy folks....

Hi back at ya FN :ciao: oops sorry clicked a bit soon, doing an edit here.
Anyway NoLogo, I didn't see if you had an option of using something like a flexible dryer duct and a small fan maybe?
I have a similar problem in that I am holding out to run the A/C because of electrical fees. Using a 400HPS, 2-150HPS and another 400 MH, and in another area 2 T5 4-bulb HO's....My 'space' gets perty
warm like 86 or 88 approaching the "90f no photosynthesis point" but I use two regular window box fans on the floor and one Lakewood 12" fan on the wall at bud height (for now). I too open the space once a night and pull fresh air from outside.

Although Sativa strains tolerate heat well, no cannabis plant will thrive in extreme heat. Temps. over 90-100 degrees will stress the plant and thus effect yields and the overall health of the plant.

I suggest getting a baseline temp. of the area you intend to grow in before starting any plants. This will tell you if the area is even suitable for growing. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom