Strange looking Fan leaves

drdanks

I have this problem with all of my mature mamas and my flowering plants. I would say about 10-15% of the Fan leaves have burns on the edges of the middle fingers, the leaf is healthy and green. it looks like its from H20 or foliage feed burn. My room doesnt get hotter than 85 and no cooler than 73, RH is 40-63%. i have flushed and watered with just h2o, no change any ideas on what this could be? i would post pics but mine are too large.

1-015.187435

Umm.. How's the ventilation? If I remember correctly, above 82F kicks the plant's metabolism into overdrive, and a lack of CO2/O2 for proper photosynthesis causes cellular heat damage that look similar to too much nitrogen.

Also light burn looks similar as well (but usually look like bleach in large spots..), and if the rooms 85, I wonder what the plant tops in light are.. Usually with light burn/bleaching it's from too many free oxygen singlet's being produced, and destroying the chlorophyll, which can be from the stomata not opening due to low water conditions, or low humidity..

Also.. Are you misting the plants? I had to buy a very fine mist sprayer cause my standard pump was leaving too much residual water on the leaves causing burns.

I learned this shit the hard way. :|

Back
Top Bottom