strange-looking leaves

KarmaKannic

I just started my second crop. (Sadly I found this forum too late for my first crop...RIP)

I have two plants in the very early veg state, that is, they have just opened their leaves on their second node. They are bag seeds, and I'm using miracle gro organic soil under two CFL bulbs (100/26w daylight 1625 lumens). The leaves are incredibly wide! I've come to realize that it could indicate that they're indicas, but since they're just bag, I find it hard to believe that I hit the lottery, so to speak... Anyone have any thoughts?

I'll post a picture once I figure out how! ;-)

IMAG01219.jpg
IMAG01219.jpg
IMAG01219.jpg

I don't know why it posted the picture thrice...probably user error (lol) ... but there it is. I've never seen leaves like that before. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I'm so happy that I just had to share... THEY'RE BOTH FEMALE!!! I've been keeping an eye on the preflowers, and this morning I could see the little white pistils! Both are doing well, growing like weeds (hardeeharhar) and the leaves are still amazingly wide. Also, starting at the 4th node, each has 7 leaves. I'm off to get a few more cfl bulbs for the girls. Stay safe, everyone!

They look good to me! I have noticed that the leaves look strange at first and start to become more evenly sized as they become a bit more established. My Master Kush had oval leaves for the first two weeks before it started to take off. Keep up the good work!

IMAG01677.jpg

Thanks for the words of encouragement! These are my girls as of this morning. They're still in veg, and I think I'm going to keep them in veg for a couple of weeks more. I plan to attempt to clone them since they're so pretty! I have learned that it would probably be better for each to have her own planter, but they seem to be happy, so *knocks on wood* I'm going to add a few lights and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom