Strawberry Cough-a trichome question

I have 2 Strawberry Cough plants that have stacked on some nice spears. It seems really early still, but the trichomes are all milky even though the hairs haven't faded yet--still white and succulent. I've never grown this strain so am not familiar with its bud maturation process. The buds are quite thick and very dense, but look like they could bulk up some more before they're ready to be harvested. I like to harvest as soon as I start seeing some amber trichomes developing amongst the milky ones, but last year I had a strain that never did get amber, just milkier and milkier. Is the Strawberry Cough like this? What should I be looking for? I am soooo tempted to harvest now, but those immature hairs are holding me back while the trichomes are screaming *NOW*

Re: Strawberry Cough--a trichome question

what i would do is watch the plant and as soon as all growth has come to a stop and if the trics are still milky white i would harvast.

what i would do is watch the plant and as soon as all growth has come to a stop and if the trics are still milky white i would harvast.

*nodnod* I just got in from really looking them over. Although the trichs are hugely swollen and milky, the calyxes aren't fully developed--hence the juicy white hairs. I just know these buds have more bulking up to do, so I'm guessing a week or two out for optimum maturity, but that theory comes from what I know empirically about previous strains I'm familiar with. They all had their "personalities" and quirks--this plant must have it's own too.

In the end, all I have is intuition to go on, and it says.....

No bud taken before its time.... *LOL*

...and she's not ready.

*digs around to find a pic to post*

*hums the Jeopardy tune while it uploads*

*goes to Photoshop when the files were rejected for size to resize*

*resizes and reuploads*

*hums the Jeopardy tune again*

Well sheesh. I resized them to 72dpi and under 1000k, but they just didn't upload correctly. One said it did, but I can't find it.

Wow! It did it now!

garden_hammock_044.jpg

hey Irish....In my opinion I wouldn't harvest that sucker yet....The leaves are still to dark, too many nutes in there still.....It would taste horrible. If you think it is a couple weeks away from chop, give it tons of water and nothing but......but I am sure you knew that. Lemme know how she ends up? I have been thinking about this same strain......actually, Is that plant from seed? and if yes, which seed breeder did you get them from?

BEST OF LUCK MAN !!! :grinjoint:

Dam thats a nice pict. So the color of the leaves also let you know that there is some more nutes to be drawn from? Im a new bee and im in the first two weeks of flowering just interested in the length of flowering time.:ganjamon:

hey Irish....In my opinion I wouldn't harvest that sucker yet....The leaves are still to dark, too many nutes in there still.....It would taste horrible. If you think it is a couple weeks away from chop, give it tons of water and nothing but......but I am sure you knew that. Lemme know how she ends up? I have been thinking about this same strain......actually, Is that plant from seed? and if yes, which seed breeder did you get them from?

BEST OF LUCK MAN !!! :grinjoint:

*nodnod* I've come to the conclusion that we're about 2 weeks away from harvest on this one. I'll keep you updated on their progress.

The leaves--they've always been dark, right from the beginning as a 3" clone. Very different from my other strains, so I'm not so sure that I can go by the color to ascertain the nute content. They got their last today, with a last kicker of "Big Up" by Humboldt Nutrients. From now on it'll be flush flush with water and a taste of Humboldt Nutrients "Honey" for a smooth sweet finish.

Wait whenever I am ready to harvest I force myself to wait 7 to 10 more days and have been glad I did .:smokin:

*nodnod* I concur. I do that every year too--such a creature of instant gratification I am--and I've also been glad that I did. *LOL*

Dam thats a nice pict. So the color of the leaves also let you know that there is some more nutes to be drawn from? Im a new bee and im in the first two weeks of flowering just interested in the length of flowering time.:ganjamon:

I dunno. I guess it would depend on the characteristics of the particular strain you're growing. Someone else would know more about this than me...

Are you inside or outside ?:bongrip:

Outside and proud, baby! :grinjoint:

Very nice plants...

Ive been growing these indoor with some toxic tent issues. Just rectified the problems and looking forward to seeing them grow like this.

Mine have got the same purple stem when it gets a bit cooler (white widdow next to it doesnt get it).

Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough with you too or someone elses?

Very nice plants...

Ive been growing these indoor with some toxic tent issues. Just rectified the problems and looking forward to seeing them grow like this.

Mine have got the same purple stem when it gets a bit cooler (white widdow next to it doesnt get it).

Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough with you too or someone elses?

Thanks.

To be honest, I have no idea whose SC these are--one of my people that I cultivate for brought the clones in for me to grow in his garden, and they were given to him.

The pink stem has been on the plants since the very beginning, and it's not anywhere near cold here yet. Temps have been in the triple digits most of the summer and are just now dipping below 90 during the day. I wonder....will this intensify when it does get cold? I do get purples (a more blue shade) on some of the plants that keep going into the cooler shades of autumn. I don't think these are gonna last that long....

Looks very nice. Very similar to the Skywalker I'm growing. My tri's are still pretty clear but I think I'll flush in a week. They are in week 9 and are still kicking out fresh white hairs. I was going to hit them with some Nirvana and sweet today then fresh water at the end of the week and decide if I want to flush next monday. That'll put them at 11 weeks when I pull them. You can see them here.

New clone outdoor grow

Looks very nice. Very similar to the Skywalker I'm growing. My tri's are still pretty clear but I think I'll flush in a week. They are in week 9 and are still kicking out fresh white hairs. I was going to hit them with some Nirvana and sweet today then fresh water at the end of the week and decide if I want to flush next monday. That'll put them at 11 weeks when I pull them. You can see them here.

New clone outdoor grow

Thanks Kato. Nice little grow you got there. I love growing kushes, though they never get very big unless they're a hybrid. Amazing yields for such small plants. I had an Orange Kush last year that had a main bud the size of my leg and thigh, but didn't get over 40" tall. That one bud, wet weight, weighed a whopping 5 lbs! The others were no slouches. I ended up with a lb and a half dry weight after all was said and done...

I have two Mazar X Big Bud hybrids I will clone for a inground outdoor crop next season. My cuz created some strains from his biggest yeilders and has some seeds for me. Warlock X OG, Big bud x OG and some Lavendar x LA Con x Big Bud. His Warlocks hit over 16 feet tall and produced over 5 lbs dry. I have some pics. The Big Bud x OG he calls Super Squish and hits 5 to 6 ft. He gets 2 - 3 lbs a plant off of these and it's very strong smoke. After my last outdoor finishes in late November I'm building a 8' x 12' greenhouse and will condition my soil all winter.....

I have two Mazar X Big Bud hybrids I will clone for a inground outdoor crop next season. My cuz created some strains from his biggest yeilders and has some seeds for me. Warlock X OG, Big bud x OG and some Lavendar x LA Con x Big Bud. His Warlocks hit over 16 feet tall and produced over 5 lbs dry. I have some pics. The Big Bud x OG he calls Super Squish and hits 5 to 6 ft. He gets 2 - 3 lbs a plant off of these and it's very strong smoke. After my last outdoor finishes in late November I'm building a 8' x 12' greenhouse and will condition my soil all winter.....

Sounds like some nice crosses you gots there. ;) I hope you start a journal on that grow. I'd be interested to read along with your experiences.

A 16' plant only yielded 5-something pounds? Was it fluffy or sumpin? I generally get 3-5+ pounds of rock-hard nugs from my 6-7 footers. But I'm not familiar with Warlock at all. What's the breeding on it, who's it from? Fill me in please? I'd really like to learn.

:rollit:

Irish,

Just found another site that says SC produce ripe colas at day 40 and then spurt on again for another 23 days to produce a second series of buds. You may be seeing the first ripening. Have you chopped yet....if so yeild and smoke review would be appreciated.

Irish,

Just found another site that says SC produce ripe colas at day 40 and then spurt on again for another 23 days to produce a second series of buds. You may be seeing the first ripening. Have you chopped yet....if so yeild and smoke review would be appreciated.

Hi Jamahl,

Thanks for the info, which seems spot on as the colas develop.

I just harvested top buds 10 days ago, and again 5 days ago. There are still a lot of buds to go yet, and I'll start in the morning on that. Dry weight on the first cutting (12 colas) ended up being 271 grams. The next cutting is still curing--about the same amount of colas as the last, and about the same size.

Here's a drying line to show you how they looked while hung:
strawberries_0231.jpg

They have the beginnings of a good Ambrosia cure--there's a lovely rich aroma blooming.

Sparked up a test bowl yesterday--nice sweet pungent taste, happy high without couch-lock (unless you don't meter your hit--anything bigger than a small puff surrounded by a mouthful of air and you'll be rocked in your seat and coughing a lung up)--I was terribly munchie-fied and cottonmouthed afterwards. Nice, laid back, and perma-grin for a couple of hours.

Nice strain of medicine. Small plant, but the huge colas with that sweet bouquet and fantastic high make up for it.

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom