Stress cause an Auto to stop flowering?

Zayah

Hi,
Is it possible to knock an Autoflower out of flowering due to high stress ? Or is it normal for my auto to be growing more leaves (im assuming, cuz its coming out just like any others from the top) I know its known for them to hit a growth spurt when flowering so is that what they mean? Mine will hit 6 Weeks on the 21st.
Thanks everyone

can you post some pictures in natural light. close by pics and far once so we can have a good look at it :popcorn:
to my understanding auto's are dumbie proof. they kinda do their own thing.

Yes in my experience if you stress the plant enough or really alter light hours it could easily stall out or if it’s bad enough it might try to do a reveg. I mostly grow photoperiod - not autos so there’s that.

What kind of stress? Timer screw up? Light leaks? No worries we won’t ride your ass, timer got me in April.

Do you have pics?

You can stall auto's with stress or trimming. Generally when they flower they stretch and produce more leaves that's natural.

You can trim them and keep them in veg longer intentionally. It will take longer to reach harvest doing that but it'll be a larger harvest. I routinely get 11-17 zips trimming to stretch veg.

If you stress them give them a good Foliar feed, 1/4 strength nutes and half strength Superthrive. Half strength is 2 drops in a spray bottle.

You can stall auto's with stress or trimming. Generally when they flower they stretch and produce more leaves that's natural.

You can trim them and keep them in veg longer intentionally. It will take longer to reach harvest doing that but it'll be a larger harvest. I routinely get 11-17 zips trimming to stretch veg.

If you stress them give them a good Foliar feed, 1/4 strength nutes and half strength Superthrive. Half strength is 2 drops in a spray bottle.

So I do believe that is what is happening with me with this one. I mean I heard about the stretch but I didn't think it was like how it did In veg but that seems like what is going on with her. She pre flowered July 5th or so and was giving off a low grade smell and now days she only smells when i get close close up to her and out of the LED light it seems. But here's pictures.
Dont judge lol First real grow :p:Namaste: 20A38A6A-6C19-4DAE-890D-6FDDC8BC207E.jpegF9EE1018-61F8-4A4B-B8FA-75647C17FDCC.jpeg889D3084-3FC7-4FE7-AB04-A89ED6F22FEE.jpegCA4EC2E5-155B-49FF-B533-E8F376734C42.jpeg59008F6B-089F-4427-B315-CFB2C3A2DE26.jpeg

She's stretching, they can double in height when they flower. I grow tons of auto's I like getting a variety faster.

Grab a Lux Meter off Amazon when you can. Try and get the Lux up to 45-55k at the very top in flower. In veg 35-45k lux. Seedlings need less so hit them with 5-7k lux.

When they go into Veg count the limb pairs from the bottom up, when you see 6 nodes top it so it doesn't get unmanageable. Some will say don't top autos, ignore them.

Once topped use pipe cleaners to gently pull the limbs down level spreading them so light can penetrate. As they grow adjust the pipe cleaners as needed.

Topping and spreading with keeping the Lux high at the top will give short plants. Here's the deal, at the top you got Lux at 55k, just a few inches down it will drop to 35k, so the taller the plant the less light at the bottom. Short plants get more light, more light more nugs. Pushing that much light keep cal/mag handy it helps protect against light burn.

Since your fairly new I can't stress enough try Mega Crop, one powder from start to finish no mixing excellent results. It's inexpensive as well. Autos really all you need is Mega Crop, Cal/mag and Superthrive and in no time you'll be pulling ounces off each plant.

Feel free to message and drop questions on the forum. If you hook up some Mega Crop hit me up and I'll give you my feeding schedule.

Here's one from last harvest, 11 ounces.
IMG_20200421_133141.jpg

F9A4E575-2D01-46EB-A629-09472CD51B5C.jpegD58AC814-D40D-4615-861B-610D0C088563.jpeg09BC3C15-9FF0-4598-92D2-024F7CE47DC6.jpeg
Yes in my experience if you stress the plant enough or really alter light hours it could easily stall out or if it’s bad enough it might try to do a reveg. I mostly grow photoperiod - not autos so there’s that.

What kind of stress? Timer screw up? Light leaks? No worries we won’t ride your ass, timer got me in April.

Do you have pics?

These pics were from July 11th, and when i say stress im meaning stunting early from root rot a couple times so ive had to take out of pot to clean with hydro P. and two times because i realized i had it in to big of a pot 3 gal and was worried about over watering because i guess thats my thing lmao but then had put it in to small of one and also because of drainage issues with this COCO. didnt have nutes till the week veg was ending thankfully finding out that i might of had an auto so it turned out working out. but after the top i did and the FIM a friend did right after it now is growing 5 finger leaves. is that normal ? When i say this one right here is a trooper i mean since first true leaves showed we have been learning and taking losses all along the way. Heat was problem in that stage.

Attachments

• 94266563-8F7E-4253-B44F-462E7D696AB5.jpeg
    94266563-8F7E-4253-B44F-462E7D696AB5.jpeg
    735 KB · Views: 56
They'll go through 3 leaves to 5 and 7, some freaks 9 but don't sweat seeing a 9er.

Watering, right after the seed pops put it in the final pot you'll harvest from, autos go 5 gal then when you get practiced put them in 7 gal for larger harvest. You don't uppot/transplant autos just use the water schedule below as a general rule.

At the seedling stage (when in the 5 gal smart pot) just water 4-6 ounces in a circle around the seedling. Check at night to see if it needs another ounce. Increase water amount as it grows and water in circles wide as the leaves. At 2 weeks you should be up to 12-16 ounces.

Autos have a limited lifespan so as soon as they go into the smart pot use 1/4 strength fertilizer. Week or two later go to 1/2 strength, then 3/4 strength. Stay at 3/4 until flower then hit with full strength.

Watch for leaf tips to turn brown, if they do back off the fertilizer a little.

L20200630_171844026_iOS.jpg
This is when I had convinced myself I had an auto because I only counted 3 fingers and they were the node after the one with only 1 finger which i thought were considered fan leaves and the reason i cut them other than the deficiency it had picked up from no nutes since germination. Ive convinced myself back and forth. maybe im just not understanding the whole finger, fan leave, and nodes thing. haha i just feel like i belong in the group that reads from growing marijuana for dummies hahahah

I never thought of using a pipe cleaner to help the leaves out but that is an amazing nifty trick and i happen to have one from baby bottles cleaning tools three different sizes, yay.

im just lost on whether or not its an auto (since its already pre flowered begging of july, true leaves came out June 9th.) and now with the whole noticing it has 5 fingers rather than the 3 it used to and acting like its back in veg. light schedule started 24/0 then went to 20/4 and slowly went down to 18/6 and have stayed on this since it started to end veg i believe.

If it's flowering without going to a 12/12 schedule it's probably an auto.

The 3 leaf thing is normal, after 3 it'll pop 5 leaves. The number of leaves has nothing to do with auto or photo they have the same leaves.

Don't cut leaves off young plants. Only cut a few at a time after they start flower and only to let light hit bud sites. Cutting to many will keep the plant in veg and delay harvest. Right now you want a harvest fast, later when you got jars full then get fancy.

Pipe cleaner, they call them fuzzy craft wires at Walmart. Amazon search pipe cleaner, fuzzy wires that are gentle when you LST your plant.

New420seedguy is out of California, has great seeds and some he has 3 seed for $9. I'd grab like 6 seeds, two different types of autos. Good seeds make a world of difference.

Then try what I've shared and as long as you got good led lights you'll get enough harvest to stop paying for it.

ya i changed around with my light schedule but never had her on 12/12. it was right after i topped it (or like to think thats what i was doing but i think i had things confused or did it to late, but days later i started to smell her when i got in the room and thats when i noticed the pre flowers. i was worried beause i cut the leaves off i wouldnt have enough time for her to recover because i think at that moment i was convinced it wasnt and had more time and wanted it to focus on the new leaves and not trying to keep alive the discolored ones (read it was a good tip and it made complete since, unless your growing autos) She was ment to be a practice plant for when i got my fem seeds, to help me learn how to tell the sex of the plant and get the feel of actually growing and turned out to be female and an auto.
thank you for the info about seed guy ill look him up for sure cuz now i want more autos because of the less time and they are more resilient towards silly mistakes like i make.

That plant I posted came from one of new420seedguy's seeds. I'd use him at least to start, seedsman is good but expensive like $10 per seed. New420 you can afford to make mistakes.

Just don't over think growing, pop the seed, put it in dirt, water and feed it and leave it alone. It's a weed it thrives on it's own. Top at the 5th or 6th node, LST the limbs and in 70 or 80 days harvest.

There's always people here to answer questions. But ask the questions before you go all Rambo on the plants lol.

Since the flowers started coming ive tried to also add another light pointing at the lower level to help them grow, some of them are really long and now the stem has started to get fuzzy and at the nodes its also starting to get fuzzy and a light green i believe. So how do i make sure it stays on the flowering schedule and to ignore all my stressful mistakes just in case, cuz now i feel better about the new leaves coming because of the stretch i just wasnt sure if i was supposed to actually get new leaves or it was just going to get taller in between the nodes.
Thought i fcked up and finally broke her cuz shes not even really smelling. and what are some signs that id notice when they have switched back to veg?

I've never seen an auto Reveg. Reveg is more photoperiod and they'll knarl up a little and shoot out single leaves. Sometimes the leaves don't even have the sawed edge.

Light green is just new growth it'll darken as it ages.

If it's an auto you can't stop it from flowering they flower when they are ready and mature in like 80 days normally. If you abuse them they can easily go past 80 days. The worst case you stunt them and get a small harvest.

I had one go 4 months but got 17 ounces. That's done by trimming fan leaves in veg.

I suspect yours are just running behind from simple mistakes. The number one mistake people make, to much water.

If you start them at 20/4 light, leave them on 20/4 don't change light schedule. They don't like change.

Score some mega Crop, it's simple, you put a few grams in your gallon and every time you water you feed. Start on 2 grams per gallon and move up 1 gram a week. Me I go 2 grams for 1 gallon, next gallon I go to 3, and on up to 5 grams per gallon until it flowers. When it flowers go to 6 grams a gallon. Feeding properly avoids a ton of problems. It's like $10 a kilo for Mega Crop, makes like 360 gallons. One kilo I can raise 6 plants with a little left. The fancy 3 part liquid fertilizer costs like $60 per grow.

I don't know what it is, but for the life of me I do not see any flowers or buds in any of the photos posted by @Zayah . I have clicked on each photo and the computer enlarges it and there are no flowers to be seen.

And, are autoflower plants different. What I was wondering is if an autoflower is sexually mature while still growing nodes that are opposite each other

I do not think that we can tell if a plant is an autoflower or a photoperiod by counting the fingers on the leaves or by when the first 3 or 5 finger leaf appears.

None the less, it looks like a decent little plant.

@SmokingWings you can't tell the difference between them when your looking at the seeds, but i think!!, when you are growing it the plant will show signs that differenciates it self from photoperiod plants.

@Apoc this is why i don't deal with autos. I have also read that you can stress the auto to keep them longer in veggative mode. Although the interenet is full of content no to do any topping on autos, yet there is an member that bets the difference. topping autos would also stress them and keep them longer in veggative stage so they can grow bigger.

She's stretching, they can double in height when they flower. I grow tons of auto's I like getting a variety faster.

Grab a Lux Meter off Amazon when you can. Try and get the Lux up to 45-55k at the very top in flower. In veg 35-45k lux. Seedlings need less so hit them with 5-7k lux.

When they go into Veg count the limb pairs from the bottom up, when you see 6 nodes top it so it doesn't get unmanageable. Some will say don't top autos, ignore them.

Once topped use pipe cleaners to gently pull the limbs down level spreading them so light can penetrate. As they grow adjust the pipe cleaners as needed.

Topping and spreading with keeping the Lux high at the top will give short plants. Here's the deal, at the top you got Lux at 55k, just a few inches down it will drop to 35k, so the taller the plant the less light at the bottom. Short plants get more light, more light more nugs. Pushing that much light keep cal/mag handy it helps protect against light burn.

Since your fairly new I can't stress enough try Mega Crop, one powder from start to finish no mixing excellent results. It's inexpensive as well. Autos really all you need is Mega Crop, Cal/mag and Superthrive and in no time you'll be pulling ounces off each plant.

Feel free to message and drop questions on the forum. If you hook up some Mega Crop hit me up and I'll give you my feeding schedule.

Here's one from last harvest, 11 ounces.
IMG_20200421_133141.jpg
Is that a auto ?

Yes it’s an auto, started to pre flower cpl weeks ago I believe, it’ll be 6 weeks old on Tuesday. It’s was my test dummy from a loud bag I’ve had, just so happened to be a female auto.

Oh sorry just realized you were talking about his In the picture :ganjamon: hahaha smoke another one Zayah....don’t mind if I do hahaha

Here are some close-ups from today sorry the flash from my camera messed with it a little bit. Now I don’t know if we’re talking about the same thing when it comes to the flowers, I mean literally just that, or I guess I’d also call them bows. They are just the cutest things. Now when I’m talkin bout budding flowering, it started to do that couple days ago In the corners of then nodes just looked like a fuzzy patch but I don’t recall seeing it lately. The smell has started to pick up more and I have noticed that it’s stronger when it’s out of the light. I’m afraid I turned it into a hermi because it kind of looks like both on I believe it’s the second highest node8C5110B0-7CB8-4237-89B7-FDF0E61CBA2C.jpegB918AE2F-CC9E-4ACE-BD22-658DC7B09F07.jpeg869A83F4-56D1-40BD-B66C-120B101CC5BA.jpegD8977D3C-9261-4676-9590-8492542F1374.jpeg2F765361-64CE-439F-B2A3-86F7C42D3FE1.jpeg478ED184-10D3-4ABE-B5A8-771455B8C6E2.jpegC3AE80A8-B043-46B7-B2CD-99A5B0FC9A9E.jpegD024952A-BAD6-484F-9825-E16D49BC440D.jpeg6A39C5CE-5CE6-4F75-8EEC-7ABC66566E94.jpegFFD7A4FA-73F9-4D64-AC1B-3C931A477E0F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom