Stutzy's First Time Indoor White Widow Dirty CFL Grow

Stutzy

Hi Folks :) So hopefully after reading through the directions and greasing the wheels with some beverages and some smoke I get this posting done right. I was going to wait another week or so to put this up but got a wild hair tonight and started to get the ball rolling:thumb:
My present plant is a couple of weeks old and still in veg. It has went through quite a bit as it took me awhile to get my chamber built and in the meantime was sitting on my bedroom windowsill in crappy MG soil. My chamber is fairly well squared away and things are taking off well now. I built a 32X32X48 inch chamber in my garage with two 4 inch passive airlines going through the wall into my basement stairwell. This lets me pull warmer air in the winter and colder air in the summer through the cabinet and exhaust with a 6 inch inline into the garage. It's in the garage to lower my wife aggression factor and keep things chill :) This is currently a WW seedling but I will be adding in several more clones from a good dispensary in the next week.
I have done quite a few outdoor grows over the years but this is my first indoor attempt and any input is very welcome :)

What strain is it? White Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? No idear
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg
If in Veg... For how long? 3 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 1/4 Perlite 3/4 Foxfarms Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? 2 Gallon
Size of light? 2 2700k CFLs 2 5000k CFLs 2 6500k
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab? 65-80
RH of Room/cab? 20-40%
PH of media or res?6.5-7
Any Pests ? better not be!
How often are you watering? as needed about every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? none to date but probably osmocote plus

This is my cab day I finished
2011-09-29_16-51-06_461.jpg

poor stretched out seedling before intro to chamber
2011-10-03_16-18-13_309.jpg

current shot with some torture
2011-10-17_22-20-38_353.jpg

I will be adding some more lights and a better fan as I introduce more clones but this is the set up.
2011-10-17_22-21-16_354.jpg

So theres the beginning I should have some girls thrown into the mix in the next week then its a party :) Thanks for reading guys!!

They going to grow fairly fast, you better get ready..what I'm seeing may last a week.
Do you know what strain is it?

Do you mean the cabinet will only last a week? The current plant is a White Widow. Im LSTing and trying to keep this one down until the clones get in and then will be going right into flower (as soon as they are rooted and showing new growth). With such a tight space im looking for something like a no mercy grow with smaller plants with the big fatty colas. We will see how it works out but im hoping i can swing something along these lines.

Ok so time for an update! I went and picked up two The Pure Clones and a Vancouver #8

The Pure - 75% Sativa

Genetics: Skunk #1

What to Expect: Large yields can be expected from this variety, The Pure is extremely homogenous, and is perfectly adapted for all growing methods. Whether she is being grown indoors, in a greenhouse or in the great outdoors, the Pure is a strain that expresses the best of both its Sativa and Indica heritage. Look for baseball-bat-sized, colorful, predominant colas.

Flowering Time: 55 to 60 days

Vancouver #8 - 50/50 Hybrid

What to Expect: Seeds from the great Mark Emery’s private stock before he went away. She develops early in bloom offering aggressive flower growth. She produces an almost comical amount of trichomes

Flowering Time: 55 to 65 days

I'm still using Foxfarm OF with Perlite and picked up the TechnaFlora starter kit for nutes. I will be adding in at least one more fixture in the next cpl weeks as well. Otherwise things are looking pretty good. The White Widow from seed has really blown up and become very bushy.

2011-10-22_11-38-14_273.jpg

The #8 and the WW
2011-10-22_11-38-25_277.jpg

The Pure
2011-10-22_11-38-41_197.jpg

Second Pure
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2011-10-22_11-38-50_585.jpg

I'm planning on letting the new girls settle in and evaluate when to go into flower based on size. My amount of space is an issue so this will be sooner rather than later! As always any help comments etc are very welcome. Have a great day all! Also the Chives in the center are there to hopefully to keep mites from taking up residence. Figured it can't hurt :)

Ok so it's been a few days now.. I did some watering and cabinet cleaning today. I mounted a fan at the top to save some space lower in the cabinet and rearranged everything to share the light around.
I have been having temp problems since I added in the last bank of lights sitting at about 90f This bothered me quite a bit as i'm going to want to add in at least one more bank down the road. I went down to the local store and picked up a 4 inch inline fan that I hooked into one of my passive vent lines. Im sitting at 80-81f with lights on now. So im good for the moment but am still going to have to do some work in order to run 3 banks of bulbs and keep a reasonable temp. This means probably putting in a real exhaust fan rather than the 6 inch inline ive been running. I have a piece of charcoal filter taped over it now to block light but even that much restriction has really cut air flow. I know it wont fly when its time to add on a can charcoal filter anyway.
I also slapped together some sheet metal reflectors to the lights. This was really easy to put together and seems to work really well :) The CO2 generators is just something im playing around with. I know it doesn't matter much in veg but Id like to see how well they function. I home brew beer so I already had airlocks and tubing laying around :)

2011-10-25_14-44-06_397.jpg

The White Widow is responding very well to LST with 6 tops and one hell of a stem forming up.
2011-10-25_16-02-26_523.jpg

2011-10-25_16-02-12_831.jpg

The other clones are settling in well. there seemed to be little to no transplant stress using Root66 and B-1 supplements. Foliage growth should start taking off pretty quick and a half strength nutes will be thrown in later this week
2011-10-25_14-44-23_974.jpg

As always thanks for looking guys!!

comin right along, looking healthy...Are you planning one using those lights through flowering?

Ya ill be adding in more tho. Unfortunately the budget for this first one is tight. Im looking at expanding quite a bit this spring. probably putting in a 10x10 flower room in the basement and using this chamber for just veg. It's a process hehe I just wanna make sure that I have a good handle on indoor growing before such a sizable investment.

Ok time for a quick update. The girls are all doing well with a ton of new growth coming in especially on the clones. I added in another full set of lights putting me at 24 bulbs and roughly 38k lumens. Im pretty pleased with this lighting set-up and will leave things as they are moving into flower. The clones were taking off so hard I had to tie down the tops to bush them out a bit. I'm thinking about one more week before 12/12. Im running half strength Technaflora nutes atm and will hit them one last time before changing to flower nutes. Things are coming right along as always thanks for looking!

2011-11-01_19-37-19_567.jpg

2011-11-01_19-37-56_795.jpg

2011-11-01_19-37-03_549.jpg

I'm trying to get the White Widow to actually stretch a bit. It seems to be almost too compact and dense right now. We will see how it grows in I guess :thumb:

more info on your co2 generators??? curious set up indeed

Hi guys :) Thanks for jumping in. I was getting lonely hehe. The co2 generators are just simple parts from a brewing supply store. A drilled rubber cork and a simple plastic airlock. I think the total price for parts with the tubing was about $1.50. I heat water on the stove and mix in a crapload of sugar, cool it to under 80 and then throw in a big teaspoon of regular bakers yeast. Shake it up good and throw on the airlocks. Within minutes they start pumping out co2. Theres a lot of debate about how worth while it actually is to use in veg. The general opinion is that its kind of a waste until flowering. I just wanted to play around a bit since I had the parts. I figure plants still like co2 even if they are in veg and its just some sugar and yeast about every 3 days so it cant hurt. I will say that for there to be any benefit the tubes directed just above the foliage is key. its a heavy gas so this way at least you know they are absorbing some of it. I do want to say that this isnt anything very original I got the idea from several different journals I have seen on here. I would give credit to folks but I'm not sure now who all has been doing it :) I watch so many journals these days. I can throw up pics of the parts etc and how its done if that will help anyone too!

Howdy folks :) So ive had an issue come up that I hopefully have under control but still wanted to throw up some pics and be sure I have it handled. Im an idiot and failed to check ph after adding nutes to my RO water. I use Technaflora and according to the label its ph balanced at 6.0 My White Widow has gotten several feedings at 50% strength. I started noticing yellowing leaves and rusty spots right away. The problem is that the nutes actually lowered the ph to 4ish and I didnt catch it right away. The only good part is I hadnt fed the clones anything yet so They didnt get the problems. I flushed with several gallons of water and will wait a few days to see how thing turn out. If anyone has any other suggestions for how to get this girl to snap back please jump right in! Otherwise things are good the clones have responded really well to LST and Im getting a nice even canopy in there and should be hitting 12/12 soon. Thanks for looking!

2011-11-06_12-09-13_457.jpg

2011-11-06_12-09-22_673.jpg

2011-11-06_12-09-44_679.jpg

Update time :) Things are moving right along. I wanted to go into flower this week but im still having heat issues. I'm still getting getting as high as 85 during the day. I will be adding in another inline fan this week pulling some cooler garage air in there. Hopefully that will sort this out. The ww from seed seems to have turned around and is back to her bushy self. The water flush and a good dose of nutes straightened her right out. Not much else to add until flower time.

2011-11-13_21-45-00_887.jpg

2011-11-13_21-50-29_416.jpg

This girl isnt liking these temps and low humidity I think. The top leaves are really whispy and thin just not filling in as well as I would like.

2011-11-13_21-51-09_751.jpg

2011-11-13_21-54-14_499.jpg

2011-11-13_21-57-05_546.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom