Sugar Ants?

HHGreenHand

Ive seen one or two sugar ants running up and down the stalk of my flowering girls. Are they harmful to the plant???m I know THC is an oil that can be broken down into glucose. WILL THEY EAT MY TRICHS?!?!?!

Re: Sugar Ants!?!?!?!

Ants on any plant often means they are nurturing a herd of aphids for the honeydew produced. Look for aphids - they will suck the juices from your plant.

I think they were just looking for food. Being indoors, I seriously doubt they are herding aphids. Thats more of a outdoor problem.

Im indoor and i doubt the aphids as well, due to the fact that they have never been outdoors, no new soil has been added since transplanting(which was over a month ago), and there arent clusters of ants. There are a few runing around in my box(1-3 at most) and every once in a while, one running up the stalk. Im assuming theyre just looking for edibles and maybe using some of the water from my moist soil.

So yesterday I see a single ant in my indoor grow room. I smash him for his intrusion and hit the forum to freshen up on ants. I ended up on this thread because it was most relevant to my indoor room as well as only seeing 1 or 2 ants.

So a couple hours later im back in the grow room and I see another single ant. After smashing him I start looking for more or where they are coming in from. I couldn't find anymore ants and this thread had me feeling comfortable.

4 hours later...I go back in and to my dismay there are like 15-20 ants total mostly on the wall and a couple in and on the pot closest to the wall. They were not climbing the plant but I went apeshit. I killed all the ants, I hotglued the crack from which they came as well as any crack i saw, and I hit all the plants and pots with neem oil just in case.

I just wanted to add to this thread to say if you do see one or two ants in your indoor garden, be vigilant. They could be just a single ant randomly looking for food or moisture from the soil. However in my case those bastards were up to something. I killed them all before I could find out what.

Hey man I had the same exact problem but I let the ants do there thing and I went to work (6 hours) and there were ants all over my hydroton and plants when I came home lucky my plants are young clones so I easly blew them all off and sprayed raid around my tote but I'm positive the nute rich water

Back
Top Bottom