super soil

Re: "subcool's super soil"

sounds like a plan. will be awaiting u're results.

Hey pawpaw, I just started a new journal with the super soil, its in my sig, the amounts are more precise there.

Re: subcool's super soil

Misc_Photos_sept_and_oct_2012_055.JPG
Aloha,
I used the subcool super soil mix for 4 of my 7 plants so I had to get out my calculator. It was awesome. I did cut back on the worm castings by a 1/4 because of the price of it here in Hawaii. I used it for only 4 plants because I wanted to see the difference in the grow. The 4 plants with the super soil, well let's just say that is one of the best mixes I have ever used and will continue to use it. I grew 2 Big Buds sativa/indica strain from Amsterdam and yielded almost 2 lbs and 2 Blueberry plants that gave me 7 oz's of the sweetest tasting buds after curing for 1 month and only got better with time. The Big Buds were also very nice tasting and the stone from the 2 was nice. Very nice. No couch lock and was high for about 3 hours. I only watered the plants when the buckets were light 2-3 times a week some times I only watered once a week. The flush was I am thinking fast and that I feel is the biggest bonus because you don't have to use any fertilizers at all during the duration of the plants lives. I had no problems with PH balance, bugs, lock out or nute needs. It was hard work gathering all the ingredients, had to go to 4 different garden stores. But all in all, well worth it. Expensive here. Oh and I used 5 gal. buckets from the hardware store, spray painted them black and drilled about 20 holes in the bottom and a few around the sides about 6 inches from the bottom. that's all folks. Aloha
Blueberry_Aug_2_1.JPG
Blueberry_Aug_29_.JPG
Blueberry_Aug_28_.JPG
2012_summer_harvest_034.JPG

You can Purchase TGA Sub Cools Soil amendment now!!!

and the new strains sound great I sitll have regrets not get them Dr. Who beans.

is there anyway to seed up the mixing process of super soil possible adding more lime to control the acidity? the reason I ask is because my plants should be ready for their pots in 2 weeks. could I add the super soil later? in the mean time waiting for the super soil to be ready what should i do for nutes? I was thinking of buying bat guano and worm poop plus perlite, epsom salt and Lime to start out with in my current soil....HELP lol

is there anyway to seed up the mixing process of super soil possible adding more lime to control the acidity? the reason I ask is because my plants should be ready for their pots in 2 weeks. could I add the super soil later? in the mean time waiting for the super soil to be ready what should i do for nutes? I was thinking of buying bat guano and worm poop plus perlite, epsom salt and Lime to start out with in my current soil....HELP lol
Microrhyzeha ,Azos, Hygrozyme, root juice micro products(anything that adds good microbiology), real worms, lots of lime for sure, a worm cast and Alaskan humus tea is good add a molasses sweetener, kelp meal for small plants a lite liquid fert is good, I use fish and seaweed kelp Based liquid (Humboldt nutes natural Grow and Age Old Organics fish and seaweed, One alone is adequate, and add Thrive Alive B12 organic)+ cal mg + Humboldt Nutes Honey SE + root micros every other feed and extra potassium natural Deuce Deuce .75 mg per gal. Sativas seem to like this indicas not so much so I add water to 1/4 of the containers to dilute for the indicas for this feeding. This is for mothers and large veg plants that have been in containers for over a month or a non amended soil less. Seedlings should feed well off of a bagged soil for a month or longer if you fell the need to add to your water of a small plant Use the thrive Alive b12 and a few drops of Honey ES no more than 3 mg. per gal until you can work your way up to more if the plant gets lighter green(this feeds the soil not the plant as they say). If your plant is still to small to flower after 4 - 6 weeks start the other feeding style. Sub Cools Soil is just PH your water and just water no added anything a start to finish called organic amended soil method.

Re: "subcool's super soil"

i ordered those, but ended up receiving 11, white Russian seeds from serious seeds instead. i honestly don't know weather to be happy or sad.

you should have contacted the vender it sounds like your order got mixed up I would asked for what I paid for they most likely hooked you up with something

i found this recipe for organic soil in another magazine for bud (not mentioning the name)
it's supposedly the same soil the medical growers use for there meds,and theres quite a few growers using it in the Emerald Triangle.

-8 large bags of high quality organic potting soil w/coco fibers & mycorrhizare(sp?)
-25-50 lbs. of organic wormcastings
5 lbs. steamed bonemeal
5 lbs. bloombat guano
5 lbs. bloodmeal
3 lbs. rock phosphate
3/4 cu. epsom salt
1/2 cu. sweet lime (dolomite)
1/2 cu. azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp. powdered humic acid
one of those small kitty pools you get at your local retail store

pour a few bags of base soil into your mixing container first. making a mound,then pour the powder nutrients in a circle around the mound, then cover everything in another bag of soil.

In goes bat guano, then more soil. Add 3 gallons of water to each garbage can.
let mixture sit in sun for 30 days for brewing & best concentration of your goods.

when ready to transplant your seedlings into its final grow bucket, fill half the bucket with the super soil (on bottom) then put the organic soil on top.
As plants mature, roots push through the regular soil and down into the super soil to absorb all those nutrients needed for its life cycle. no extra fertilizers or blooming agents needed at all!

im about to try this method myself with a nice selection of strains:
White Rhino,Big Bang,Lemon Skunk,Super Silver Haze,Hawaiian Snow, L.A. Confidential, TrainWreck,Big Bud, & Grandaddy Purple.
can't wait for this grow season to start in texas!

Its missing the grow stones, Perlite, silica, Vermiculite, coco chunks, rock wool, or something to add air the 25 lbs of worm cast and the other heavy amendments.

Its missing the grow stones, Perlite, silica, Vermiculite, coco chunks, rock wool, or something to add air the 25 lbs of worm cast and the other heavy amendments.

Roots organic soil has a whole lot of perlite in it... If you use fox farms as your base, add some extra perlite...10-15% of your mix should be more than enough... I feel the roots is heavy on perlite... I find that it actually dries out a little fast for me in smart pots..

Also, if you use fox farms soil go with happy frog and ocean forest mixed bag to bag rather than light warrior... Its a much better combination... I may actually switch to it in the future instead of roots..

You can now buy TGA Super Soil pre mixed

I wish somewhere in San Diego it was sold, I saw it for sale online but the shipping alone was the same price as the bag, not worth it.

2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_7_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_8_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_9_2.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_12_1.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_6_1.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0052.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_1_1.JPG
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_0251.JPG
Top_of_a_re-vegged_plant2.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0083.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_1_.JPG
Aloha,
Make your own mixed using a baby pool. Only make 1/2 or a third if you only need not so much cuz the top half will just be regular organic soil. Most hydro stores sell some ingredients by the pound. And you save on fertilizers. Here are a few of my photos using sub cool super soil last summer.

2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_7_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_8_2.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_9_2.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_1_1.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_6_1.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0052.JPG
Wonder_Woman_Skunk_1_and_Master_Kush_outdoors_in_Hawaii_019_12_1.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0011.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_0062.JPG
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_0251.JPG
Aloha, i used locally made organic soil. One of the cheaper ones cus your adding everything you need to it. Even the top layer was 4.99 a bag. Add 2-3 more bags of perlite and black washed yourself cinder rock on the bottom of buckets and nickle size holes for drainage and on bottom of buckets and dime size around the outer sides
You save on fertilizers. I just watered my plants all summer with garden hose and checked PH may 2-3 times in 6 months.
3 got root bound 3 weeks before harvest so I had to cut the bottoms out only, they revegged, increased my yield. They are the ones in the blue tubs. Couldn't do a full transplant. It would have damage me and the plsnts. They were too big.

Aloha again, forgot, lost them all to bud rot when I went on a 3 week vacation. The person didn't know enough not to water the whole plants. Drenched them all from top to bottom and it was really hot,humid,and we had no trade winds in September. Still mentally trying to forget that disaster. 18 x24oz curing jars all mildewed too. What a vacation. But summers coming and I will be using sub cool again. Let it sit in a plastic garbage can for a few weeks mixing every now and thsn. Will be good.

Hope this season turns out good for ya :rollit:

Much thanks and Aloha Caradino23,
I won't be on vacation around harvest time ever again.
In your mix don' leave out the Azamite powder. Its like plants on steroids. Use sparinglind like ever 2 months. Just a couple of tsp mixed into the top of soil and blend alittle with soil and water. Good luck to you.

I was looking into Azomite, but it's quite pricey actually, and my soil is very rich in minerals, so I don't know if it makes sense for me.

I was looking into Azomite, but it's quite pricey actually, and my soil is very rich in minerals, so I don't know if it makes sense for me.

My soil is rich too but Azomite uses up ehat eberything gree in the srea to be used. Grass, crops, plants. Farmers use it every fee yews for their nrw crop but if it is to rxspesnsive you can lrave it out. Ebsy sell it cheap. You dont need alot. A little rvery 2to 3 weeks and very little per plsnt. But you can leave it out no big desl. Just worked 100z% better with my second and third grow. As you csn see in pics. My first grow eas half the size of the 2 others. Too bad it is exspensive there. Its $2.00 here and last a year a pound. Much luck. You don't need it if ground is rich with those 78 yrace minerals in Azomite.
Much ALOHA.

Back
Top Bottom