Surgery and weed

kef2005

Thank goodness I found this site. This is great! I have been looking on here and really like the info. I am hoping someone out there can answer a question for me. I am going into surgery on Tuesday, the 15th, to have a hysterectomy. I smoke everyday, and have for a very good while. Has anyone on here had marijuana in their system and had surgery??? I need to find out if there is anyway that it can interfere with the anesthesia. I really dont want to ask my doctor this question. Should I quit now or will it make a difference? Please help!

When I went into surgery over a year ago, they asked me if I did any drugs, and I told them I smoke pot, and they, "OK." So, I donno if it will react with the drugs they give you or not, but I would tell them if they ask. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks guys, made a stressed out woman feel a hell of a lot better about all this surgery stuff. Can't wait till its all over and I'm back home. Even told hubby I had better have one waiting on me in the car for the trip home! LOL. 3 days in the hospital will be the longest that I have been without any smoke in a looonnngg time.
Oh and Tuesday, to all of you...take a hit for me. :)

Yeah, just don't be high during surgery. I had plenty of THC in my system whenever I got my wisdom teeth removed. Damn... that anathesia (sp?) is some GOOD SHIT! :smokin:

Good luck.

dude just ask your doctor. first off its doctor patient confidinality**sp?. ur doctor cant go tellng other ppl the stuff you talk to him about, unless its about hurting sumone else or killing yourself. doctor is there to help you not to get you in trouble for smoking a joint.

Back
Top Bottom