Surgery and smoking

GreenBeans

Does anyone know if at a pre-op blood work for surgery (listed as outpatient) if they do a drug test on you? I don't want to tell this doctor that I smoke pot cause I don't want to be lumped into the "your a drug addict" category. Especially since I do not like pain pills unless I am in pain. (They make me sick) Actually the pot will help me more after the surgery. My surgery is on the 23rd.

TIA!

No problems to worry about....as an aside - consider edibles after surgery. Edibles will provide the buzz without the possibility for coughing - which can hurt or possibly even bust a suture :yikes:. You can pre-bake breads, cookies, and/or brownies and toss them in the freezer - thaw as desired. I like to keep cookie dough in the freezer even when healthy - just put 2 frozen dough balls into the oven for 25 mins and I'm eating hot/gooey cookies. YMMV.

:peace:

Just so you all know. I had my pre-op and no questions were asked about drugs, just alcohol. They only took two viles of blood and nothing was mentioned on the paper about any drug tests.

GL on your surgery. I actually had surgery last month. I'm a MMJ user, but just a side note, I smoked, but I smoked concentrate b/c it was smoother & I'm not prone to cough. Also had some edibles.

GL on the 23rd ;)

Thanks sungoddess. Yes I have a few cookies and some finely ground up weed saved for tea when I come home from surgery. Lots of non coughing ways to get high!

Update #2 - I smoked up to the night before surgery and everything was great! No problems when I was "out" or anything. I am taking baby hits now cause if I cough it hurts like heck!!

I'm so glad things went good for you! I had my hubby make me some brownies & I also went to smoking concentrate b/c it was smoother than the weed, so I didn't have the coughing issue so much, but the babyhits help too! :) How are you feeling now?

Back
Top Bottom