Swamp gardening

tablelegslim

High there, im new to growing and I have a few questions that im sure can be answered. I live in the south and we have a camp in the swamp and I was wondering if i could grow on the edge of the rainwater filled lake. The water isnt stagnant its actually clear. Ill post pics of the area im talking about. I thought about getting a piece of styrofoam with a hole where i can put a bucket and have it floating in the water. Its loaded with fish and other vegetation.

20210130_095139.jpg

20210130_104846.jpg

20210130_095207.jpg

High there, im new to growing and I have a few questions that im sure can be answered. I live in the south and we have a camp in the swamp and I was wondering if i could grow on the edge of the rainwater filled lake. The water isnt stagnant its actually clear. Ill post pics of the area im talking about. I thought about getting a piece of styrofoam with a hole where i can put a bucket and have it floating in the water. Its loaded with fish and other vegetation.

20210130_095139.jpg

20210130_104846.jpg

20210130_095207.jpg
Roots need oxygen my friend. Anything you grow in a wet or swampy area will drownd.

If its not stagnant it would flow from one place to another. What you have, from what I can gather from this post, is a flood plain. A great source for water but not for cannabis. With that said cannabis can soak up a ton of water so depending on how long that water stays there you might be able to ...maybe 10 or so feet away. I would hope your legal because thats an easy spot from the sky.

Back
Top Bottom