Switch to LED

IlaIlathc

Hi There! my name is Ilary and im a growers from Italy (so sorry if my english is not the best :love: )
First of all congratulation for this amazing comunity...simply the best in the word!
Even if this is my first thread is long time that im following you guys!!

Here my question!
I'm growing in a DR80 tent (31,5 x 31,5) with a 400w MH + a 400w HPS but after that my ballast die i would like to change everything and go LED :bravo:

After a long research i realize that the best brand that i can get with my budget is the Mars II of Mars Hydro but i'm so indecisive about witch one i should buy and if will be convenient for me in term of crop!

More specifically i doubt between the Mars II 700 and the 900
On the website they say that the 900 is equivalent at 450w hps (and will be great for replace my 400w system) but on the other reading here the Mars II 900 user they utilize it in a space much bugger then my...here my scare tu buy and over sized lamp...and maybe a 700 is the best for me

What do you think guys? a 900 in 31,5 x 31,5 will give me a better crop or it will fry my plants?? :rofl:

What about the temperature? with that light ill have more or less the same condition of my 400w hps? or it run colder?

Tnx in advance for ur precious help...in few days ill make my order and in the next week ill start my fist led experience (ive 4 seeds of orange but waiting for it) and i promise ill share it with you :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

:circle-of-love: Hello IlaIlathc, MarsII900 will cover 42 inches x42 inches while MarsII700 will cover 36 inches x 36 inches. MarsII700 will be enough for 31.5 inchesx31.5 inches. In regards to temp, MarsII900 will run close to 450w HPS. However, the overall heat will be less if you run by LED, because LED will save you heat from ballast, A/C and other ventilation devices. If you can handle with 450wHPS, MarsII900 will not be a problem, let alone MarsII700. :circle-of-love: LED will run cooler.:Namaste: MarsII700 is enough.:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love: Hello IlaIlathc, MarsII900 will cover 42 inches x42 inches while MarsII700 will cover 36 inches x 36 inches. MarsII700 will be enough for 31.5 inchesx31.5 inches. In regards to temp, MarsII900 will run close to 450w HPS. However, the overall heat will be less if you run by LED, because LED will save you heat from ballast, A/C and other ventilation devices. If you can handle with 450wHPS, MarsII900 will not be a problem, let alone MarsII700. :circle-of-love: LED will run cooler.:Namaste: MarsII700 is enough.:circle-of-love:

TNX so much Sara! :love:

Also for the Mars-Hydro LED grow light Discussion in ur signature witch will give me a lot of help.

So do you think that with a Mars II 900 in my 36x36 i'll have overlight problem? or u think i'll get better result? (maybe better then my 400w HPS :cheer:)

Maybe is a stupid question...but before invest 300/400€ i want to be sure about what i'm buying and if is worth i prefer spend 50€ more and enjoy my light without regret...also i've not jet clear at 100% the LED/HPS comparison :)

:circle-of-love:Hi IlaIlathc, you are welcome to our thread. :circle-of-love: If it's 36x36 inches, MarsII900 will not be overkill. :) Some growers have used MarsII900 in that area and the plants look great.:circle-of-love: More watts will maxmize the possibility of higher yield. :circle-of-love:
TNX so much Sara! :love:

Also for the Mars-Hydro LED grow light Discussion in ur signature witch will give me a lot of help.

So do you think that with a Mars II 900 in my 36x36 i'll have overlight problem? or u think i'll get better result? (maybe better then my 400w HPS :cheer:)

Maybe is a stupid question...but before invest 300/400€ i want to be sure about what i'm buying and if is worth i prefer spend 50€ more and enjoy my light without regret...also i've not jet clear at 100% the LED/HPS comparison :)

Back
Top Bottom