Switching to LED - Can't decide what company to choose

HeisenGrow24

I'm switching from a 600watt hps light to led. I mostly grow autoflowers and am looking for a led light that is equivalent to a 400-600 watt hps. There are so many companies and after days of searching I still cant decide. I'm leaning towards advancedled...the ds xte200. I was also looking at another led but have read some bad posts on here about them. I guess they were kicked off this site for something. Again, I'm new to led and I'm growing autoflowers that don't get taller than 45".

I'm new to this website as well so I apologize if I didn't post this correctly or in the proper section. I would appreciate any help on finding a good light. I will eventually post a grow log once I learn the website. I have had great success with Autoflowers in the past 6-7 years. Thanks everyone!

If you haven't already checked out Mars-Hydro LED Panels check them out , they have some of the best priced panels I have comes across.

They sell tents as well.

I am using 3 of their Panels with good success and will be buying one of their 5'x5' x 6'7 tents next month. they are affordable and better quality then the cheapest tents.

My current grow

2 jock horrors at 8 weeks
october_14_021.JPG

The Photo is from 3 weeks ago , they are in Bud now.

Ledbud, thanks for the help. I did check out MarsHydro. I was interested in the new light they have. Forgot what it was. I did read somewhere on here that some ppl had trouble with returns if anything went wrong with the light. So I'm kind of wary about that. I am ordering the light I mentioned. Your grows looking good. Keep up the good work! I'm going to dry to post a grow log once I get started. I'm gonna grow all autos. Diesel berry(my fav), sour diesel and cherry bomb. Again, thanks for the help.

I did go with Mars as well .. was cheapest direct through them. So far it is working flawless.. just a few months in.. Honest answer.. It shipped fast.. works great up to this point... and for the cost.. well if it broke I am not as worried as if it was the kind led let's say..

FE

It's the only company that has a data sheet for each light. If the readings are truthful then it is the ideal light for me. I've heard a lot of good things about Mars, even my local hydro store recommended. Advanced has the higher end cree and osram bulbs.

Yes advanced i would say is a step up from the mars.. debatable and I will probably get pooped on for saying so... controversy coming... But i believe of the "inexpensive" LED's mars is about the best and I went from 600 hps to Mars 300W true power reflector and both perform and performed well... LED is so much easier to manage temps for me that I had to do LED and don't regret it.

But back on topic... If you have a max capital investment then you may get more bang for the buck with the Mars but everyone who has the advanced are very pleased.. Cronichempdog uses them and his grow is simply amazing all the time...

Boy LED's have come a long way!

Ledbud, they seem like a good company. I called and ordered my light today. The guy I spoke to was nice and gave me a 60$ off coupon code. It was actually only 90$ more then the Mars light I was looking at.

Far East Buds, for me the one light will be enough for a few autos. I just keep a rotation of autos going so I harvest every 70 days. I'd like to check some advanced led grows out on here. Thanks. Still trying to navigate the site.

Hopefully i can post some pics once I'm up and running. I have a small hps grow (2 150 watt) starting tomorrow. Just a table top grow. My meds are running low. Thanks guys.

Link How to upload Photos
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Nothing like growing your Meds , especially your favorite strains.

My current Autos had a hard time autoflowering so I flipped the lights at 5 weeks to start the flower off , after a week or so they were in flower then I put the light back to 24 hrs on.

It is working out for them , they are just over 3 weeks in bud mode and are full of sticky buds.

I just received my seeds. My fav strains from all the ones I've grown so far. I run them on a 18/6 cycle nearly the entire grow. I think the led will enhance the quality. Can't wait.

It actually has both the cree xte and the osram SSL80 bulbs. Haven't set anything up yet. I need some more supplies still. Hopefully in the next month. Waiting for my tent too. I'll post a grow journal once I'm up and running.

Non sponsored ALED customer here. I am completely satisfied with the performance of my light. Only comment I can make, save your original box! I hope you never need it, but, it will make any warranty work needed much easier. 5 years is a long time.. Ya never know. Good luck!

I use a Rhino grow 400. They morphed into Progrow I think, mine was $650 new. Most LED on EBay under $200 you need to watch out for.In our commercial grow we only run LED with American chips....we avoid the Chinese ones
IMG_20151111_062914423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom