T5 Lights

Hi, I'm new about growing and I got a question about light. I have a baby plant, and I don't have that much light in my house. I bought a sunblaster T5HO 2 feet. It originally comes with a 6400k. Should I stick with that until the plan is full grow then change for a 2400k bulb for flowers, or should I get the 2400k from when they are baby to the end? thank you

Hi, I'm new about growing and I got a question about light. I have a baby plant, and I don't have that much light in my house. I bought a sunblaster T5HO 2 feet. It originally comes with a 6400k. Should I stick with that until the plan is full grow then change for a 2400k bulb for flowers, or should I get the 2400k from when they are baby to the end? thank you

Are you going to finish your plants inside or outside?
I just use mine to start mine for a couple of months I have 4 6500 panel
:peace:

Hi! I see that this post is a few years old, and I am hoping you are still on here!

I am brand new to the game and there sure is a lot to learn! I am hoping that you could help me with something...

I have T5's, 4' x 8. I just now realized that I need to change bulbs, the unit came with 8 6500K bulbs. I ordered the red ones for blooming and I have a couple questions...

When do I add the red ones? My autoflower plants have been in there for 3 weeks.

Do I change out all the bulbs for red or a few, or every other?? What is the secret??!!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help out!

Jane

I assume you mean 8 bulb 4' fixture. A pretty conservative plan is..
Leave the 6500k bulbs until your autos start to flower
Change out 2 of the 8 and run like that for a week
Change out 2 more for the second week of flower until the stretch is over
Change out the last 4 to bulk up flowers for the remaining 4 weeks or so. Look for 2700s or 3000s. Maybe even mixture.
Some people suggest keeping a blue or two in for the duration. I wouldn't but can't make a good argument against. Key is to keep the plants low and wide with CFLs as light spectrum is good but penetration suffers a bit. Good Luck!

Hey Golden can I ask what bulbs are you using in you T5 fixture 54w or 24w?

Do CFL's give off much heat ? I like you way of using them with light coming from the side, I also plan to do this with the T5's for the lower canopy when flowering

T5 lights work great my sunsystem 4 ft by 2 ft was perfect for 3 large plants and with fans you can keep it within 2 to 3 inchs from top only problem is getting light to the lower buds i like to use cfls on reflectors i hang from the sides

I ordered a4'x12 bulb unit yesterday. it's 648w total paid 180$ free shipping. mix my light spectrum for optimized results running 54w HO with color temps from 2700k - 6500k. And there's allot in between there. I'm going under CFL lights ATM. 120w actual. .. per plant ..I have 2 s.a.d auto and one sin trabajo auto. If I could a photo uploaded I would. I've tried and nothing I seems to work. Btw this is my first grow. There 4 days old and the girls look as if there a week old. Heading for there 3rd node and branching like mad. I keep these lights about 1.5-2" above them. 6500k. Using fox farm happy frog since germination. With a good heavy mix of Perlite about 75/25 .I also put a soil thermometer in to monitor the temp in the root zone optimum is right about 68f. Air temps average 78f with approx 65-70%RH soil pH maintaining 6.7 with ph adjusted tap water. Started the girls on fox farm grow big this morning@1/4tsp to a gallon mix. That gets fed half way between the pot walls and plant base in a circle around them. Each get about 2 cups of water/2-3 days 30 minutes before the lights on. I run 18/6 schedule. Not like it matters there autos.. But I could force them to flower with less than 12 hours of light for 3 or more consecutive days. But they won't be forced like that. I want to push the limits to see how maxed out I can get these girls and surpass the breeders notes on yields. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and be good to girls. Peace everybody

I use t5's all the way through. I get 8 plants in 3 gallon pots under a 2' X 4' fixture. 4X4 should allow you to have more pots!

Buds96.JPG

I do switch the spectrum during flowering...

Back
Top Bottom