What T5 light would i need for 6 plants in veg?

WeedManD

I am planning on purchasing a 5x10 tent to start my medical grow. I plan on sectioning it off about 2/3 for flower and about 1/3 for veg. I want to put a 600w hps on the 6 plants in flower and was considering using T5 lighting for the 6 in veg and possibly a mother plant. I also plan to have autoflowers that way I can harvest every month or so. My first question is what would be a suitable T5 light for 6 plants in veg? My second question is if the 600w hps would do the trick for 6 autoflower plants. And finally would this be a reasonable amount of room to house my plants?

I also use Badboy lights

DSC004368.JPG
DSC004358.JPG

I am planning on purchasing a 5x10 tent to start my medical grow. I plan on sectioning it off about 2/3 for flower and about 1/3 for veg. I want to put a 600w hps on the 6 plants in flower and was considering using T5 lighting for the 6 in veg and possibly a mother plant. I also plan to have autoflowers that way I can harvest every month or so. My first question is what would be a suitable T5 light for 6 plants in veg? My second question is if the 600w hps would do the trick for 6 autoflower plants. And finally would this be a reasonable amount of room to house my plants?

I would use separate rooms. I personally use gorilla tents for my grows. They cost more than others but the quality is a1. size wise on the tents a 5x9 can get about 12 plants in to if your growing trees. My main concern for you is light. Using the same tent for flower and veg there will be 6 hours of light one side of the tent and darkness on the other. Other concern is ventilation. Plants need different humidity levels through diff stages of its life. This will be hard to maintain in one tent

I would use separate rooms. I personally use gorilla tents for my grows. They cost more than others but the quality is a1. size wise on the tents a 5x9 can get about 12 plants in to if your growing trees. My main concern for you is light. Using the same tent for flower and veg there will be 6 hours of light one side of the tent and darkness on the other. Other concern is ventilation. Plants need different humidity levels through diff stages of its life. This will be hard to maintain in one tent

I would separate the tent with either Mylar or something and use a small piece of duct in the corner of the Mylar to allow air flow between the two sides. I plan to have a 6"exhaust on the air cooled hps with a carbon filter for the flowering and a 4" inline to pull air into the veg side (along with other fans to promote air flow to plants and the other side of tent. I really am just looking for a pretty consistent good quality yield while also being cost effective and staying within my 12 plants limit. I feel like 60-70 dollars a month for electricity on the lights is pretty reasonable and autoflowers are a pretty easy and compact route for the most part. If you would suggest another setup, I'm all ears because I want to do lots of pre-planning before I jump into this like my first grow.

I was thinking either a 6 bulb or 8 bulb t5 for the 6 in veg. But would 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower on autoflowers be worth it? I want to be able to save on cost and space as much as possible and this seems like a pretty good plan. Plus the yield should come every month or so and be of a good amount due to the hps? I dunno, just trying to find a good setup in general I guess.

I am thinking of doing the same thing with my 3 x 3 tent. Currently just starting out with 4 plants, 2 different strains, under a 600 watt mh. I thought about getting a wood type cabinet about 2 - 2 1/2 ft tall. Still leave about 3 ft to flower. Put some type of light that can do a good job vegging for a month or so. What I really want is to take clones each time I am about to flower, put those in the cabinet below to root, and then start flowering up above. Figure the cabinet will seal up most of the light leak. Maybe having 2 tents would be easier, but I think this can be done. Cut a hole in the wood cabinet and get an intake fan to get air into flower area. Any feedback?

Back
Top Bottom