What light(s) to use for autoflowering seeds?

jabroni88

Hi im just wondering what light i should use for autoflowering seeds. im planning on getting a 600w hps dimmable ballast, as im only using autoflowering seeds as a 1st try as i heard its the best way to go for 1st grow..

would this be ok to use on autoflowering as it kinda skips veg stage?

thanks in advance

:thumb:

Metal halide and 6500k fluorescent will promote leaf growth. HPS will make your plants stretch, as well as provide better spectrum for flowering. I would run blue spectrum until flower onset, then switch to HPS.

Alright thanks springy i hear you dont have to switch bulbs with autoflowering seeds? as the go straight to flowering? i may be wrong though?:tokin:

Autoflowering seeds go through the same plant processes as any other plant. The main difference is that they will flower regardless of the light times. Normal cannabis plants are long night plants. This means that they require at least 12 hours of darkness to change from the veg stage to the flowering stage where they start the reproduction cycle and start to bud or flower. Aoutflowering is a genetic change that makes them flower based on time rather than lighting conditions.

To increase the fullness or bushiness of the plant and to keep them short, light heavy in the blue spectrum (MH or high Kelvin rating) is suggested. Flowering uses a larger portion of red light to produce fruits and buds (HPS). This is mimicking the longer sunset and sunrises (red skies) of late autumn.

I have started using all 2700k bulbs to try and get an AF to stretch during veg and I have been unsuccesful. The internode spacing and height seems to be the same no matter what kelvin is thrown at them and they are always very bushy and short. The reason I have started trying is the AF's seem to have prolific flowering potential, but are very limited in veg time, meaning the plant is always short when it begins the stretch so if you could increase the height in veg, maybe more bud sites and greater yield? Also, don't try raising the light, only seems to make them even shorter.

Don't discount what the others are saying, there is validity in what they post, but I want a taller AF plant with greater internode spacing and I can't make it happen, lol.

Oh well, sorry for rambling...Good luck on your grow!

Back
Top Bottom