Temp difference - lights/no lights

Cachagua

Looking for a clue on what to expect with my set up.
Due to circumstances beyond my control (heat), I am required to have lights on at night when it is cool out and lights off during the day when it is hot out.

My grow room when lit is right around 82*, it is very well ventilated.
During lights out, it can get as hot as 85* in there, and has spiked higher for brief periods (an hour or so at most).

My question is what effect will this have on flowering when I finally get there?
We are in the summer months now so it will be warm like this through August.

I am about a week away from 12/12 and just wondering what to do.
I really do not want to run the lights during the day when it is blazing out and rates are higher and I would really rather not have to go through the hassle of an AC window unit for this grow.

Can anyone let me know what to expect?

Basically I understand that the ladies want a temp drop during lights out, but I am actually working teh other way around, temp drop with lights on.

Thanks!

Don't worry about that small of a change in temp some of the nicest plants come from tropical climates where the temp is always warm. Good circulation is the key, keep the humidity as low, 55% is good benchmark.

I would keep temps below 85 if at all possible. If your plants aren't showing any signs of stress though, I wouldn't worry. ;-) Some strains are more hardy against heat.

can i chime in with a q? i've just flipped to 12/12. (still in 1st 24hrs darkness) My lights on temp around 73-75. Unfortunately its very cold here and my lights off temp can get as low as 45 but usually around 50. Also humidity seems to not want to go above 35%.

How will this affect the plant??

Can i get away with this or will i need to put a heater in there?? Thanx in advance!!

All strains have diffrent tollarances to their enviornment, I'd put a heater in there at night cold slowes growth. 65 is my comfort level. With lots of air. AS for the heat Q 92 is my limit without co2 added in which case you can run even hotter just keep up with higher water demands. Always move as much air as possible.

Very nice guys thanks for the answers.
I may not have to see 92* temps, but I will definitely be in the mid 80's regularly.

In my experience cooler is better. Before I got my swamp cooler hooked up my buds were not tight, not much weight. I keep my room around 70 and down to 60 at night when the 1000w are off. A 10* difference is really beneficial. My buds are big and tight now. good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom