Tent set up

earlystart35

Hey all. Currently I have a 3 x 3 tent with a 600 watt hid light. I would like to get this other tent that is about 3 x 3 and 30 in tall. I want to put this tent inside my main tent. This way I have a spot to veg, and should have about 40 inches to flower. I mainly want this small tent inside my other one for space issues. Any thoughts on this? Will I run into too many issues doing it like this. I see a 2 ft 8 bulb t5 light I am thinking about getting for the small tent. Any other ideas I should consider? Thanks all for reading...

Why even put it in the same tent? Both tents will need their own lighting and venting. And that HPS lamp will probably make the smaller tent an oven to cook your plants in. 40 inches to the top of the tent, to the light, or to the safe zone under the HPS?

The tent I have now is 72 in or 76 tall. So the small tent is 30 in tall. Leave me with 42-46 in. to have a 600 watt hid and 4 plants in containers. I see 5 gal smart pots are about 10 in tall....hmm yeah that would mean my finished plants would need to be under 2 ft tall. Yeah I want to try to harvest every 2 months or so but might be hard all in the same tent huh?

So with a 600 HPS (which hangs from the top about 6") you need to be at least 12" below with your canopy, then add the 10" for the pots. Thats 28" of non plant height. That would mean your plants would need to be under 20" in height. It's doable, but not ideal.

With 4 plants you should be yielding plenty for personal use, that should be almost a pound minimum every harvest.

Have you considered checking over your grow to optimize the space that you have now?
This link will help with all the basics, and some advanced topics: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

And how about stepping up your grow to the next level? TheCapn has written a very concise guide that covers all the needed techniques to train a plant to hit 1lb per plant: How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

In my opinion, putting a tent inside a tent is only stealing space from the other. It's a waste of half a tent, that's prime flowering space bud, I would look at other options.

Don't worry, you can do it!!!
top-em, bend them, tie-em down.
Let' us know, or me how it goes, real interested the yield.
I how four plants that are twenty two inch tall at 2 months. I topped them and tied 'em down. That is 22" from the top of the containers.
Good luck

Don't worry, you can do it!!!
top-em, bend them, tie-em down.
Let' us know, or me how it goes, real interested the yield.
I how four plants that are twenty two inch tall at 2 months. I topped them and tied 'em down. That is 22" from the top of the containers.
Good luck

I said it was doable. lol
Mine is 63 days old and less 6" tall

image20711.jpg
image20710.jpg

That is crazy you able to tie it down like that....This is pretty much my first attempt at growing...I have the knowledge, just not the experience yet. I will learn though:thumb:

Antics: I was only wanting to put the small tent in the bigger one to try to free up floor space in my bedroom...I live in a one bedroom apartment, so my whole setup is not quite ideal. Ideally I would like to harvest every 2 months, or however long the strain takes to flower. Just take the clones each time before I send them to flower...I just need to figure out where to root the clones and veg them while the plants are flowering. That was the whole idea behind the 2nd tent inside the first one....I had even thought about tying all the plants down to try to keep the canopy as flat as possible, and then veg and flower under one light inside the same tent. Just when its time to go dark for 12 hours, pull the ones out of the tent that are in veg, and put them by a window until the light is ready to come back on...Wonder if anyone does this? Bet it would get real old really quick!!

That is really something.
I don't have a tent or the money to do anything different right now. I am growing in my computer room. I have nine plants left in the flowering stage, four in veg, one new sprout, and two clones. I cleared out the closet for the dark cycle. At night I put the flowering plants in the closet at 7pm. In the morning at 7 am. I take them out an set them in front of a southern facing window. I have 4 foot T8's hanging from the ceiling, and a few compacts on the side. They are ready to harvest any day now.
This is a pain, but I am disabled and rarely leave the house anyway. It is not ideal, but working out. On fixed income with very little extra money. I will update and change as I can.
I think you are doing an amazing job, Keep doing what you do.
You can Do it!

Hey Kotter...Yeah I could do it like that...knowing me though I would get home late and not move the plants in time or something. So yeah I am not sure what I will do yet. I plan on veg until the end of the month. Your set up would work. Least you maximize the use out of the one main light source huh??:thumb:

Well it can't be much worse than here. I live in an older house, so I have smaller rooms, smaller closets, and a basement that I can't stand up in. Not to mention it's always humid down there, no matter how long I run the dehumidifier, so I could never grow down there.

So I use a spare closet in my computer room. It's big enough for 1-2 plants, and since I don't have separate Veg and Flower rooms I get a harvest every 2-4 months, and it gives me plenty for personal use. I smoke twice a day, my chinchilla gets a small bud every day (about the size of the letter O on a standard keyboard), and my girlfriend vapes occasionally, plus I use an ounce or so to make a batch of oil as well.

But the more people you need to grow for, obviously that's going to require more yield.

If we knew your needed yield goals, that could help. Are you growing to smoke/vape? make oil? how many people are you supporting? Having a game plan laid out will help you see the best options for how to grow to meet your needs.

Back
Top Bottom