The best I can do is a fan.

bluemode

I am setting my grow room in a storage area where I rent from. I've painted it white. hooked up the lighting system. Everything is taken care of except ventalation. There is siding on the out side of the room so I cant make any holes or structurally reconfigure the exterior of my apartment. I bought a small 9" osc. fan. I will be running that full time to circulate the air. But the best I can do for fresh air is open the door a couple times a day.

Am I in trouble? Will the fan be enough? Any thoughts?

I had the same problem, but my room was in a concrete basement with no windows. What I did, was cut two holes one on top of the other on the wall facing the interior of the house.

In the top hole I placed a 12" Louvered Exhaust Fan facing outwards, to push old air out. And in the bottom hole, another 12" Exhaust fan facing inwards, to pull air from the basement in.

I ran exhaust 12 hours, and intake 12 hours. For intake, I realized even though I was pulling in air, it wasn't very fresh or circulated. So I placed like 5 cheap oscillating fans in the basement outside of my grow room. This kept the air outside always moving.

Once the fans were on timed outlets, I didn't have to worry about it.

Then entire setup cost about $600. There are cheaper ways to do this, with the same concept. But it worked nice for me.

Edit: Ah, is the storage room SEPERATE? Like.. apart from where you live? Cause if so this obviously won't work. But maybe it'll give some ideas. *shrug*

The room is connected to a small part of one of my rooms that I use for an office. I have already drilled out a hole to run the electric cables through because the room itself has no electrity. I am using extention cords and the like. I couldn't see making two more holes in the wall but thanks for the quick feedback.

Question?? What if I left the door open a crack? Enough to elt in some air. My back yard is wooded so I'm not to worried about being seen. My worries are bugs, or loss of light. What are your thoguhts?

Well, if you leave the door open during a 12/12 light cycle or anything other than full 24 hours of light, it wouldn't be good for the plants, as they need complete darkness during that time.

Hmm..you've got me to thinking. Could you afford to put two 1" to 2" holes in that same wall and one 1/2" hole?

If so, you could set up a system where you have a resevoir in the room on the floor for water hooked to a tube in one of the holes with a return pump in the room resevoir returning water back to the room yoru office is in.

One of the 2" tubes is inside the plant room with the opening at the opposite end of the well where your office is and the holes are, and attack it to one of the holes to your office (for air to be pushed out of the room).

Then, in the other 1" to 2" tube, have the return water pump line (1/2") go down 6" into the other 2" tube so that water AND air are pulled through the tube when you run water through it (not like a full artery, but more like a drain spout, mixes air and water).

That way, the 2" tubes facilitate the movement of air by using water recirculated through one of the tubes.

I thought of it based on a fish tank that uses air to recirculate water, well, I'm thinking you can use water the same way to recirculate air, you just flow from top to bottom to move air instead of bottom to top with air to move water. It will be a constant and slow (and you'll hear the waterfall in the plant room). But it should give you some air movement. YOu can distribute mix it with a fan inside.

Anyway, that's about the only way I could think to get you with some degree of quiet using no more than 2x 2" holes and 1x 1/2" hole... :/

Now you have me thinking. That might work. The holes are small enough to easily patch when we move. I'll let you know if I go through with it in the growers journal. My seeds should be arriving any day. I'll have pics of the room and everythinig. Thank you for your help.:peace:

i'm in the basement surrounded in concrete i knocked a hole1in by 1in in the wall for fresh air, but i leave my door open the hole 12hr.

During the day I am going to leave the door open a crack. At night their going to have to hold their breath. If I have a problem with crop number one I am going knock out some holes and do it right.

Back
Top Bottom