The Cali Connection - Feminized seeds - Plant male

starry

Hello everyone,

I've been growing marijuana for a few years now and I've never experienced something like this.
Last summer, I got 10 Alien OG seeds from The Cali Connection. I waited until the fall to start one indoor.
The seeds look extremely good and healthy, so I was very excited about this grow! The plant grew very fast and after three weeks of vegetation, I put her into a 12-12 hour schedule and waited. A few days later I started getting worried about the absence of pistils. I tried making myself believe that maybe they were coming, that it's just a tiny calyx but no. After a week in 12-12 schedule, I could see nicely formed BALLS and no sign of pistils. I waited for an another week just to see if it is a hermie but I think this plant is 100% male as it still shows no white hairs.
As I said, I've been growing for a few years, I've always bought feminized seeds and it never occurred to me that something like this could happen.
I'm shocked and very disappointed.

Disappointed I'm sure. Cali Connection has been known for a hermie here and there. A male in female seeds is not to shocking. Feminization can give you percentages in the high 90's. Most say 98 or 99% female. So a male can show up. If only one seed was started then it is hard to say bad seeds. Still be hard to try new ones after you have spent time and money and ended up with a male. I have had 1 batch of bad feminized seeds. They all hermied but were not male. It took me a few runs to confirm they were all hermies. I suggest doing that with what's left of your Aliens. Just try one here and there along with strains you know will do OK. Then if it turns male you are not loosing the whole grow. Hopefully all the rest will be fine. I would definitely notify who ever you got the seeds from. Maybe they will replace maybe not. At least they will be aware and can pull that batch of seeds.

Colloidal Silver will create feminized seeds. Just apply a spray of CS a couple weeks before harvest.
CS cures almost as many ailments as Pot. What a pair they are....

Welcome to the world of Cali Connection genetics. From what I have heard the hermies come from the SFV og they use to make all their female strains. A lot of their strains are known to have some hermies. I know their Tahoe Og is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom