The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

The pheno I got is actually the quickest flowering landrace sativa I've ever grown!

uptheholler2,
Good morning ol` buddy, ain`t been around much lately, posting anyway. Was still reading most of the time, but think I`m gonna be around more. Peace and great growin`.

Hey Yoop! Damn glad to see you back around these parts. We are gearing down on the farm...starting to cut firewood and getting ready for an apple butter stir this coming week. I'm going to have my first Mowdown Hoedown of the year on the 28th. It's the full moon. I don't follow the moon phases that much except when it comes to deer hunting and fishing. But...I do seem to think that everything is "Up" in a pot plant during a full moon and I like to harvest then when I can. Then kick back...listen to some old Neil Young or Flat and Scruggs or Ralph Stanley and see how I did this year. I look forward to running into you more often in this neck of the woods my friend.

Also just a reminder for you all out there who practice the art of decomposition known as composting. This is the time of the year that I like to rotate my piles. I use a three bay system with fresh material in one end and finished compost out the other. We are getting ready to add a lot of material in the next few weeks. Leaves along with green matter, grass clippings and more pond algae. I also add lime and sprinkle everything well with water. I also add a little manure at this time also since we have anough time left before cold sets in for it to cook down in the pile. As I move compost form one area to another I always leave some behind to mix in with the new . I think of it like sour dough bread starter in my compost pile. It ensures that we keep an unbroken chain of microbial activity! Best of luck in all you grow!

Hey y'all I'm back. Time for another grow. I'm getting the tent together this week and prepping for another learning experience. I posted a question(title:Rifleman Returns) over in the FAQ section listing the seeds I have on hand, letting the responses guide my planting decision. I'd appreciate it if some of you would take a look and chime in. Only four DWC buckets, and six seeds from three different strains...decisions, decisions. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread and dropping seeds Friday. :reading420magazine:
--
Thanks, Luke

My gang of girls.
IMG_067435.JPG

Ghost Train Haze #9-1
IMG_067732.JPG

Ghost Train Haze #9-2
IMG_067837.JPG

Ghost Train Haze #9-3
IMG_067931.JPG

Forest Fire -1
IMG_068035.JPG

Forest Fire -2
IMG_068134.JPG

Strawberry Rhino
IMG_068232.JPG

My garden is 16 weeks old and has been flowering for 7 weeks, a few more to go. Top rung on the cages is 37". Tallest girl is 55". Bottom half had any bud spots picked off and fan leaves let grow. Top half had the large fan leaves removed. Thinking was the bottom would feed the top. Girls were bottom watered only. Nutes are alternated between Cogo`s and Sierra Natural Science, both with molasses. They were about 14 weeks old before any yellowing occurred.

PS,
These are pictures of what I`ve been growing this summer. I am using 3 Advanced Diamond Series 300`s for my sun in a 3' x 7' flowering room.

Hey Yooper, I've been thinking about this GT Haze recently. Is it as good as they say? Does it have a lot of indica highwise?

Hey Yooper, I've been thinking about this GT Haze recently. Is it as good as they say? Does it have a lot of indica highwise?

Have grown her once before, I highly recommend this strain. Good potent sativa strain, I use it from morning to night in my Solo. Takes awhile to grow, but well worth it, IMO.

Hey Yooper! Nice looking plants. Did you make those cages or are they commercial? Seeing those just started the gears turning in my head.
I've heard good things about Ghost Train but have not grown it. Perhaps next spring.

On another note, My PPK and Mendo Purps are vegging nicely. I transplanted them yesterday into 1 gallon containers. The Iranian G13 is stalled and developing roots at the moment. I expect them to take off shortly. I will be adding 4 tomato plants 3 eggplant. 2 peepr plants and 2 earth boxes of Swiss chard will be joining the party as soon as we have a freeze forecast. Vine ripened tomatoes in January are always a treat. Especially when it's -30 outside!

Speaking of -30. I have seen -35 here on a number of occasions and -39 once. Talk about fcking cold! Dry /cold wet cold it's f*cking real cold! Hot coffee really does evaporate into a cloud of steam if you toss it into the air at those temps.(I HAD to try it)

Hey Yoop great job!! You have a couple of weeks before you hear that knock on your door and you look out and it's Holler standing on your porch with a pack of papers! Another quality job Buddy!

You ain`t here yet ? We be waitin` on you to start the party. Thanks for the compliment. Got a week or 2 left on a couple and more on the rest of `em. Hate this time of the grow. Getting antsy to get `em hanging, but do not wanna take `em too early. Wish they had a "pop out" button like a turkey does. That would make it too easy though.

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this auto flower. It's growing well and I would like to get some more of it, if only I knew what it was... Hopefully one of the veterans out there can solve this mystery.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_32029.JPG
IMG_320011.JPG
IMG_319610.JPG

Hi i am new i am 62 and i hope i get an answer. I believe there is no remedy , but maybe somebody knows..
soil !!! i am close to the end i need 20 days to harvest
i have happy frog " inside with a little help" from the " liquid bloom" i started to burn.....
i did flash with tab water ph 7 ! they burn slowly now i hope i make it for 20 days ..
Is there anyway to get rid of the "happy frog" a little bit ?
thanks

DSC037207.JPG
DSC036925.JPG
DSC037064.JPG
DSC036899.JPG

Why would you like to get rid of happy frog? Is her stay inside becoming difficult? :laugh:

yes after a minor burn i flashed out the liquids. but the dry mix is slowly working under.... i hope till harvest it will hold....i have no hope of getting better i just don't want to get worst.....
Organic doesn't burn ok... but i don't know if it helps to recover as well .

20 days till harvest will be ok. You may burn up some leaves but your buds will be fine. I did the same thing with Happy Frog Marine Cuisine a year ago.....the plant was fine but a majority of the leaves were burned. The smoke was really good.

Back
Top Bottom