The power bill came today.

RandyL

Got a bill from the power company. I just paid it off + some extra cash last week. 2445 Kilowatts usage for 65 days, $305 with the taxes and fees included.

Damn.

1,400 watts of HPS going 12/12, 400 watts of MH veg light on 24/0, plus my computers, tv, Xbox, oven, etc. The lights are about 2/3 of my total usage, maybe a bit more.

Only another 5-6 weeks of flowering until this stuff is ready to harvest, dry, and pay ALL the bills!
:slide:

Got a bill from the power company. I just paid it off + some extra cash last week. 2445 Kilowatts usage for 65 days, $305 with the taxes and fees included.

Damn.

1,400 watts of HPS going 12/12, 400 watts of MH veg light on 24/0, plus my computers, tv, Xbox, oven, etc. The lights are about 2/3 of my total usage, maybe a bit more.

Only another 5-6 weeks of flowering until this stuff is ready to harvest, dry, and pay ALL the bills!

two 1000 +pumps and a house w/ all the shit going= 265.00 last month

4 plants maybe 1.5 lbs = priceless

:cheer:

Im in sf bay area. Dec bill was $680 jan $750!!! I was only running 1000w HPS 12/12 + 64w flouro + 8" fan + pump... wtf!?!

It added about $250+ to my bill, which was for like 3600+kwh for dec

I think my old frig is killing me... cause $300-400 without a grow seems high!

Damn.

if you used that many kwh's where I live it would have cost a little over $800. consider yourself lucky.....unless you wanna trade?

Im in sf bay area. Dec bill was $680 jan $750!!! I was only running 1000w HPS 12/12 + 64w flouro + 8" fan + pump... wtf!?!

It added about $250+ to my bill, which was for like 3600+kwh for dec

I think my old frig is killing me... cause $300-400 without a grow seems high!

that kwh figure cant be right......3600 kwh from PG&E should cost you somewhere around $1150......

that kwh figure cant be right......3600 kwh from PG&E should cost you somewhere around $1150......

You're right, dont know where I got 3600 from... that's about 4 times my baseline. Also run light 12 hours a day 1000 watts per hour for 30 days = 360,000 or 360kwh, so i must have had 36 on the brain

Looks like I used 1891kwh in dec and 1955kwh in jan(plus a bit more natural gas)

You're right, dont know where I got 3600 from... that's about 4 times my baseline. Also run light 12 hours a day 1000 watts per hour for 30 days = 360,000 or 360kwh, so i must have had 36 on the brain

Looks like I used 1891kwh in dec and 1955kwh in jan(plus a bit more natural gas)

i was about to get excited if somehow you were paying so much less per kwh than me from the same utility provider......

top tier rate of $0.47 per kwh is pure highway robbery!

build some nuclear power plants, throw up some solar panels in central valley...

original poster is from LA, why they pay half????

I thought that CA had high prices because of the problems in using CA's own natural resources and the problems with building new power stations. I think that I have read where a lot of the power coming into the state is from out of state resources.

I thought that CA had high prices because of the problems in using CA's own natural resources and the problems with building new power stations. I think that I have read where a lot of the power coming into the state is from out of state resources.

You are right, that adds as well. Lots of ideology costs lots of bucks.

We have an addition to our power plant a few miles up the road from me, they spent a billion bucks. This new addition just came online this week. From what I have read that thing will burn just about anything you can throw at it. This is a 600 megawatt addition and is probably sitting on top of one of the largest natural gas fields in the country.

Back
Top Bottom