The Professor Reviews Cotton Candy Cane from Emerald Triangle

Hey 420. Today's review will be of Emerald Triangle's Cotton Candy Cane. This lovely lady is a 50/50 indica/sativa hybrid and is a cross between Blueberry Headband and Sweet Tooth. I though I had a problem with this one back at the beginning after she sprouted. She looked all mangled and I was concerned she was going to fall behind and create a problem with the canopy causing a large gap. To my surprise she not only recovered and caught up but also surpassed a few other good growing strains. Her growth became fast and strong and she was a thing of beauty. Excellent vegging plant achieving a good size in a short time. After the tent was put into flowering she slowed slightly and didn't have a huge amount of stretch like I had imagined she would after seeing her during veg. She had an excellent structure to work with being easy to defoliate allow for better light penetration. She had a great flower to leaf ratio and a nice symmetrical feel to the plant with predictable side branching. Her buds grew large but have an almost hard sponge feel. Not the densest but the size makes up for it. The buds are beautiful though and are like little cone shaped towers flecked with lots of colour and a good helping of frost. Good bag appeal indeed. She achieved all this in about 9 weeks being a reasonably fast plant that was also very easy to grow. She has a very plain smell to be honest. Slightly berry with and OG twist maybe. Sounds good but it's nothing new and feels kind of average. When you break open a bud and have sniff inside she has a Blueberry and Diesel kick that is much more pleasant than when you open the jar. There's a very small hint of pine as well hidden in there. She tastes very sweet. Sweeter than she smells with way more emphasis on the Blueberry pushing the Diesel into the background. It's a good taste and is very smooth making for a very easy smoke. Her effects are a good mix starting with a creeping high that starts up top and travels throughout the body leading to a more mellow yet completely alert and functional feeling. I experienced no couchlock of any type and felt quite happy and uplifted throughout the entire session but by the end my thoughts were peaceful and I felt calm. Though I didn't use this in a social situation I think it would work well as it sparks creativity creates a feeling of ambition. I believe this strain would be of medical use to those with anxiety as it made me feel more outgoing. I've suffered with social anxiety for much of my life and this gave me a little bit more of an edge so to speak. So overall this is a good strain with medicinal properties that is quite potent and has excellent bag appeal. She has some decent size buds and is easy to grow. Her buds explode in the grinder and are fluffy making it a pleasure to roll with. Great strain for beginners looking for an easy harvest of good quality smoke but I think that connoisseurs would be a little disappointed with her flavour profile. Here she is. Enjoy....

Back
Top Bottom